Companions?

Civeta

Insider
I am wondering if there are going to be any kind of "hired help" or even comrades you could pick up along the way.

Would be very interesting to be able to befriend some man or woman you helped in a dire situation and they can join you for a while, until they die an awful death of course :p

Just a thought, and wondering if anyone has heard of anything.

Thanks

Tony

Insider
Yes, depending on the circumstances, you can have people assist you. There is even a video of two people working together to take down an ogre and fighting a group of various monsters. Here's the video:

Reactions: Rob

Civeta

Insider
Yes, depending on the circumstances, you can have people assist you. There is even a video of two people working together to take down an ogre and fighting a group of various monsters. Here's the video:

Ok. Was not sure if that was another human player or an NPC.

But if it is that answers my question. Wonder how you will obtain them

Im guessing a mix between a hire system and an obtaining through quests system

Tony

Insider
Ok. Was not sure if that was another human player or an NPC.

But if it is that answers my question. Wonder how you will obtain them

Im guessing a mix between a hire system and an obtaining through quests system
Well, there won't be generic quests like in many RPGs. Basically, if you want to convince someone to help you then you better have a good enough reason and also hope you didn't piss them off in the past lol. You have to convince them that whatever risk you ask them to take is worth the reward. And if you've done something to lower their disposition towards you then it better be a damn good reward!

They've said they are designing the game to be dynamic, so that you can have either an online friend join in and help or have an AI ally and it won't imbalance the game.

Reactions: Rob

Tony Dye

Insider
I am specifically not writing generic "go get the x" quests and hanging them on NPCs. If someone needs something, it'll make sense given the NPC's occupation or goals, and there's no guarantee he'll even ask you to retrieve it.

I am specifically not writing generic "go get the x" quests and hanging them on NPCs. If someone needs something, it'll make sense given the NPC's occupation or goals, and there's no guarantee he'll even ask you to retrieve it.
This ties in perfectly to my questions about persistence and realist motivations for NPCs. I've been waiting for a game like this for so long!

scurra

Insider
Companions would be great as long as they don't get in the way. The only game I have ever played with a decent follower system was Dragon's Dogma and in the situations they did do something stupid you could rez them without losing the fight because your tank just jumped in front of the cyclops's club for some reason. Actually, because of the physics it would be interesting to see formation combat. Having problem with a troll? just hire a squad of spear-men to hunt him down. On a side note the whole hiring Npcs to fight a monster for you would be a pretty cool option. "so I get 100 silver coins for taking care of the troll polluting your water supply hmmm.. hey guys new to town? I have a problem with a troll can you take care of it for 80 silver coins?"

S

Sean

If the AI is dynamic, would the game allow you to become their followers and companions? In my mind, I would like to see a system competent enough to where they could assume the role of leader or take over when you need them to. Maybe being taken on as a student and following the master around would be cool, eventually you'd become the master and he the student. Or maybe you join a band of mercs and work your way until they decide that your the new leader of them because of your relationship and you get the results they want.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.