Exanima 0.6 Released

Greenbrog

Insider
Encumbrance stacks up at .5 per dot from gear WORN. The 3 armor skills chew up 3 full dots of effective encumbrance per skill. You still have the weight, but not the penalty. Encumbrance is a movement penalty assessed above the normal effect of the mass.

Holy.Death

Insider
I see. I mistook encumbrance status for a label of the inventory screen.

From what I understand there is currently no penalty for having filled your inventory with items?

Madoc mentioned this will change and your inventory will become limited. Though I like it as it is, If you clutter it yourself then you only have yourself to blame for not being able to find items easily.

Scarecrow

Insider
Great work as always BareMettle. It took a while before we got it, but it makes it taste all the sweeter now.

Also just want you to know that I (and many others on the forum, I'm sure) greatly appreciate the work you are doing on this game. Sure, we've paid for it and everything, and you are making your own dream game... But to many of us I believe it is our dream game as well. Your unique take on everything in this game, from the combat, story presentation, realism, fantasy and all your hard work etc. There are few out there willing, and daring enough to do what you do.

So thank you BareMettle, for making a truly special game

Holy.Death

Insider
Though I like it as it is, If you clutter it yourself then you only have yourself to blame for not being able to find items easily.
That's a non-issue really. I find the lack of a button to switch between weapons (from a torch to a sword, for example) to be much more problematic and forcing me to keep my inventory open at all times. Or lack of the ability to label the keys I've found.

That's a non-issue really. I find the lack of a button to switch between weapons (from a torch to a sword, for example) to be much more problematic and forcing me to keep my inventory open at all times. Or lack of the ability to label the keys I've found.
You should lay out your keys in a certain order, or just put all the ones you're sure you've used completely somewhere else, such as in the strongbox.

Yes a quick swap between 2 sets of weapons would be good as well as dropping torch. I use sword and shield and am forced to do an extra step of first dropping the torch pre fight and equipping my shield, instead of just being able to naturally dropping the torch mid combat and pulling out my shield.

OOOOO idea just popped into my head. What if you have 2 key bindings that bind not to preset equipment but instead for each hand.
Explanation:
  • Lets say "1" and "2" are our hotkeys, 1 is left hand, 2 is right hand.
  • In our inventory we would be able to tag 2 right handed and 2 left handed weapons/utility item(torch/shield).
  • tapping "1" would throw the currently equipped item in the left hand on the ground and then equip the second tagged item. (faster)
  • holding "1" would place the currently equipped item in the left hand into the inventory and then equip the second tagged item. (slower)
  • The same would work for "2" but for the other arm. Also the hotkeys can be changed.

This method rather than having 1 hotkey to switch between 2 pre-selected sets allows us to switch individual hands dynamically, especially when other items and weapon types are introduced. I also really want to be able to drop my torch rather than just switch it into my inventory. It is also possible to use the tapping/holding mechanism with one hotkey, but it wouldnt be as flexible.

Holy.Death

Insider
That's how I do this, but being able to label keys is something I'd call convenience. Journal is a really good addition, because it does help to keep track what you did so far, even if you don't have a map in game.

That's how I do this, but being able to label keys is something I'd call convenience. Journal is a really good addition, because it does help to keep track what you did so far, even if you don't have a map in game.
The Devs have mentioned that they want to have a keyholder mechanic so we can expect something about that. I would like something like "the more keys you have on a keyholder the longer it takes to unlock a door" (this would help simulate searching for the right key). If we can have multiple keyholders then that would allow us to manage keys better, find bunches of keys on guards, etc. @Madoc hmmm hmmm.....

konggary

Yes a quick swap between 2 sets of weapons would be good as well as dropping torch. I use sword and shield and am forced to do an extra step of first dropping the torch pre fight and equipping my shield, instead of just being able to naturally dropping the torch mid combat and pulling out my shield.

OOOOO idea just popped into my head. What if you have 2 key bindings that bind not to preset equipment but instead for each hand.
Explanation:
  • Lets say "1" and "2" are our hotkeys, 1 is left hand, 2 is right hand.
  • In our inventory we would be able to tag 2 right handed and 2 left handed weapons/utility item(torch/shield).
  • tapping "1" would throw the currently equipped item in the left hand on the ground and then equip the second tagged item. (faster)
  • holding "1" would place the currently equipped item in the left hand into the inventory and then equip the second tagged item. (slower)
  • The same would work for "2" but for the other arm. Also the hotkeys can be changed.

This method rather than having 1 hotkey to switch between 2 pre-selected sets allows us to switch individual hands dynamically, especially when other items and weapon types are introduced. I also really want to be able to drop my torch rather than just switch it into my inventory. It is also possible to use the tapping/holding mechanism with one hotkey, but it wouldnt be as flexible.

With the possible addition of scabbards and sheaths, you could quick-swap even faster. It would make being passive towards undead worth it: no more desperately equipping weapons when they attack you.

Greenbrog

Insider
Not certain everyone's obsession with sheaths. That's basically one weapon type short sword, arming sword and eventually dagger. You're not going to get to sheath a maul, or a bill or a mace.

Item sets are something BM said will happen, along with not being able to move with the inventory open, and the removal of the paperdoll in inventory.

Not certain everyone's obsession with sheaths. That's basically one weapon type short sword, arming sword and eventually dagger. You're not going to get to sheath a maul, or a bill or a mace.

Item sets are something BM said will happen, along with not being able to move with the inventory open, and the removal of the paperdoll in inventory.
I believe the sheath idea is more a generalization of having weapons being held on your character as a quickswitch.

Holy.Death

Insider
Indeed. In case of two handed weapons I can easily see a character wielding a torch with an axe/sword leaned on the arm. Here is a good example (artwork is about Battle Brothers). When using a combat stance you could either drop a torch on the ground or place it in the inventory (and be able to automatically take it out again when out of combat).

lvk

Insider
Absolutely amazing, as I'm sure you're aware of. The future's exciting.

On the note of the journal, I think it'd be good to have some sort of 'base entry' marking off the beginning of your quest (or some kind of hint on how to use it properly), and have the rest written by yourself. Having your own place to take notes seems like a great asset in a game where you shape the exploration, so you can decide what's important to write and what to leave out.

Also, you could include an unnerving part in the game where entries randomly start appearing in your journal.

Guibou9

Well, I bought Exanima through steam a couple days ago and I'm hooked since then! The Gameplay is amazing, unique and engaging... Making every fights a thrill and I'm happy to see that you guys are working hard to give us new content! Can't wait to explore what's beyond the infamous portal (Currently at level 3 of the dungeon). Also I'm totally hyped (I don't think I've ever been so hyped for a still in development game) for ''Sui Generis'' which will without a doubt stand out from the RPG mass. Good work BareMettle and keep it up, love what you're creating!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.