New Arena (v 0.6.1.0 Beta)

Ketobor

Odd bug when you trade for something and do not get it.

I haven't been able to purchase anything since the update that just happened, but it deducts the money anyway. Not that I can test it a lot, getting money is very difficult and items are expensive.

Dwolf

Odd bug when you trade for something and do not get it.

I haven't been able to purchase anything since the update that just happened, but it deducts the money anyway. Not that I can test it a lot, getting money is very difficult and items are expensive.
Try checking the 'General Inventory', that sign near the shop where you can change the loadouts, I bought a shield and it went there after I bought it.

Mati9319

Supporter
Just played new arena mode...

THIS IS SO AWESOME! It's really hard to believe that there's still many things to be added. Everything feels so perfect so far and gives a hell of a lot of excitement and challenges! I can't wait for the rest of match types! :D

Challenger matches can be really fun! My character was wielding a simple metal rod and wearing some basic clothes. Having such armed hero, I've entered a Challenger match of Master tier... and faced a full plated enemy wielding a pole hammer or something. Despite my doubts, I still managed to defeat him! :D

And happy new year everyone!

NachoDawg

I got an update on the beta branch a few hours ago and it broke my arena charaacter that existed beforehand. Anything I buy in the shop no longer appears in my menu as if i never bought it, but my money is gone :|

Ketobor

Try checking the 'General Inventory', that sign near the shop where you can change the loadouts, I bought a shield and it went there after I bought it.
This is totally what happens, it is doubly hidden by the fact that you need to also select the correct tab to see the items, so you wont even discover them when looking around.

There really had ought to be some sort of indicator that this is happening at all.

Michael A

Great stuff, guys, thanks so much for pushing this update out --- what an awesome start to the New Year for Exanima. :)

Generally speaking, I'm already very impressed by what's on offer, and think that it extends the longevity and replay value of Arena Mode immensely. The only major bug I have encountered is that weapons purchased and equipped to my character are not actually brought with them into arena matches.

Chase

Insider
The only major bug I have encountered is that weapons purchased and equipped to my character are not actually brought with them into arena matches.
Make sure your character/recruit(s) are actually the correct rank to use the weapons/gear and that they are equipped in the correct rank loadout in the arsenal menu. Also make sure that you aren't trying to bring higher rank gear into a lower ranked match, because that wont work(it would be a little unfair to bash on plebs while in full plate).

Gsprfdude

I'm having the same problem as NachoDawg. After it updated stuff I buy won't be in my inventory. I've checked all tabs in the sign as well but the stuff has still not shown up.

Edit: Seems to have stopped after I made a new character.

Last edited:

Murf

Purchased items no longer go into the main characters inventory. It goes into the arsenal.

NachoDawg

Purchased items no longer go into the main characters inventory. It goes into the arsenal.
My items are not in the "inventory/Other Items" boxes on the Manage-screen, and they are not in my character's personal inventory. I also checked everywhere in the hub area in case the "arsenal" was some entity i hadn't heard of :p

Also I get an "unknown application error" when entering the Manage-screen. Didn't realize until now. I guess I'll just kill of my character against an Expert Challanger haha

Shame really, cus I was almost Adept ;_;

Murf

My items are not in the "inventory/Other Items" boxes on the Manage-screen,
no, they won't be, not after this latest update. items go into the arsenal on the right hand side that is accessible by all characters, have to click the correct object type in arsenal .

if they are still not showing there, then you prob need to do an uninstall, deletion of all old saved games and fresh install and update.

burgzaza

Insider
This arena is so good I can't stop ! :D
The feeling is very diferent from the previous arena, now it is mutch more tense ! It can be extremely dangerous in lower levels like novice, when you face a dagger ( OP ? ) or any sharp blade weilder, cause the novice gear I found isn't good against slashing damages. Perma death FTW.
It's mutch more engaging, and creating a mercenaries guild is just awesome !

I don't know if it's planned, but an oldschool arena with no consequence or level up could be great too, as an option. Mostly for naked fighters or just when not mutch time ahead, or just when you want to show to a friend without having to be uber focused. It's a diferent feeling.

New musics / ambiences are great !!!
New items ! Indirect sunlight ! Even some vegetation ! Wooooot ! ^^

P.S : I have a mercenary Expert, is it possible to become a master in the current version ? I can't find new skills to learn.

I encountered some kind of bug or something. I went to equip some items, I noticed my quarterstaff was in the wrong rank area, so I tried to take it off my character, but it just dissapeared when I tried to move it off my character.

I encountered some kind of bug or something. I went to equip some items, I noticed my quarterstaff was in the wrong rank area, so I tried to take it off my character, but it just dissapeared when I tried to move it off my character.
I've had such problem with buckler - it disappeared from inventory & other items menu after my character eqiupped it - I've dragged it back in arsenal, and it reappeared (after that I've tried to equip it again - and all was fine).

Fucking daggers though...
F**kin' bardishes also...

KingGsterUK

I have to agree, dagger ennemies are sometimes fatal encounters...

@Madoc, could we have changelogs of recents updates please ?
2 things I've noticed that these hotfixes have done which I'm immensely grateful for:
• Fixed UI bug when clicking on the match board. Forcing users to ALT+F4.
• Elimination match rewards have been buffed.

carminety

Is it possible to recover your fallen characters at all? I had spent a good 6 hours just doing matches over and over the slow and safe route( 2nd rank elimination and then pugilism to heal up if needed) and i had ranked up all the way to expert and had little over 9 gold but on one match in an elimination round I made one fatal mistake and died from a peasant in rags and now have nothing, losing your character completely seems a little harsh

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.