Some ideas for a save for permadeath

Siggi

Insider
Instead of having death and then gameover. Becoming your son would be a great idea imo.

Works like this.
When you die, you become your son with some penalties and/or bonuses depending on mother/father.

Wife and son or daughter for save. Whores for quicksave.
Wife gives bonus to son, and since its a legit one you get less penalties. A whore gives more penalites.

Edit*
I think people misunderstood what i meant. The player cant be the whore. This is an adult game right? And its medieval setting. So whores shouldnt be out of place.

You go to a tavern. There you can find whores and gigolos. You dont see the sex ofc.
Getting to find a husband or wife opens the games to more possibilites. And they can provide "good" saves after a while.

Would be problems if you play as a female i know XD. Running around pregnant.

If you can own land in this game and farm and earn money that way. Hiring people or using your children would be neat. Having a bunch of children would save you ass if you fuck up.

Sleeping with a whore right before wandering far away into a boss battle or something. Choosing which of them you become could be an option. Remember that in medieval times you became an adult at age 12.

Last edited:

Dorag

Atleast you get more money as a whore but you start naked and undead run the other way when they see you.

HopeDIV

Insider
Permadeath. You know what that means wright?
Since you mention Taverns I'll assume your talking about SG? If so the the 'Save' System for SG has already been decided upon, and is what Zahdra is referencing. If your talking about Exanima, I don't think there will be those type of interactions in the game.

Siggi

Insider
Since you mention Taverns I'll assume your talking about SG? If so the the 'Save' System for SG has already been decided upon, and is what Zahdra is referencing. If your talking about Exanima, I don't think there will be those type of interactions in the game.
Im talking about the final game, SG.
What is this save system that has been decided upon?

Don Kanaille

Insider
Sui Generis simply goes on. You cannot save and reload, and if your character dies, he will reincarnate somewhere else in the world; maybe with a loss of some thaumaturgic power (which can be taken from slain thaumaturges), loss of experience and loss of equipment. Your corpse can potentially be recoverd, though (unless looters were faster... then you have to track down the looters). It is going to be a major plot point why and how your character can do this, and very likely you will have to deal with NPCs reacting to this strange fact.

Basically, the game just keeps going on no matter how often you die. You could argue that the save system of Sui Generis is the polar opposite of "permadeath", where your current playthrough is permanently erased once you die.

Note that "getting defeated in combat" does not neccesarily equal "dieing" as there will be sophisticated system dealing with unconciousness and what happened to your character while he was blacked out. This feature is also planned for Exanima, ontop of the checkpoint system we currently have.

MindSliver

Ok, I love the idea of coming back as your son... however... that does make it hard to continue a plot line, would be very difficult to pick up missions where you left off and you'd still have to recover your fathers body to get the items you would likely need. which could actually be awesome. if they hadn't already decided on the temple of infinite lives approach I would wholeheartedly recommend this approach haha.

Dorag

Ok, I love the idea of coming back as your son... however... that does make it hard to continue a plot line, would be very difficult to pick up missions where you left off and you'd still have to recover your fathers body to get the items you would likely need. which could actually be awesome. if they hadn't already decided on the temple of infinite lives approach I would wholeheartedly recommend this approach haha.
You're just gonna be like that guy from forever who dies and "respawns" a couple of minutes later out of the water under the NY city bridge, remembers his death, the pain, memories, the time hasn't progressed much.

Going back to the opening post, before you edited I thought it was just a joke, now I see you were serious,
and while that's nice I don't know what the devs have in stock for us but they have confirmed that a major story-line will revolve around your ability to reincarnate yourself after you die, In SG/Exanima's setting it sounds like it would be super awesome to have your idea :D about to defeat and ogre and going in a bar first for a quick shag with a "lady" hehe, if SG would ever have servers it needs Roleplay because It's PERFECT for it.

Siggi

Insider
Going back to the opening post, before you edited I thought it was just a joke, now I see you were serious,
and while that's nice I don't know what the devs have in stock for us but they have confirmed that a major story-line will revolve around your ability to reincarnate yourself after you die, In SG/Exanima's setting it sounds like it would be super awesome to have your idea :D about to defeat and ogre and going in a bar first for a quick shag with a "lady" hehe, if SG would ever have servers it needs Roleplay because It's PERFECT for it.
Haha thanks. That is what I believe aswell. Strategically spreading your spemen ;)
I orignally had the idea for Mount and Blade, which would make a little more sense since it takes place over years and year, and you rarely get captured anyways, and when you did or when defeated on the battlefield you would have a rare change of dying and your son taking over, that could work here aswell.

Having a rare chance of actually dying. Just begin left for dead and then awake later having to patch up quickly.

A shame they wont do it. It could make a really interesting mechanic, like the game is already full off, futhering its awesomeness. Games just lack that nowadays.

Dorag

Haha thanks. That is what I believe aswell. Strategically spreading your spemen ;)
I orignally had the idea for Mount and Blade, which would make a little more sense since it takes place over years and year, and you rarely get captured anyways, and when you did or when defeated on the battlefield you would have a rare change of dying and your son taking over, that could work here aswell.

Having a rare chance of actually dying. Just begin left for dead and then awake later having to patch up quickly.

A shame they wont do it. It could make a really interesting mechanic, like the game is already full off, futhering its awesomeness. Games just lack that nowadays.
I actually remember someone saying that, I don't quite recall where, maybe I read it on the Taleworlds forums since I browse there alot, I personally did not want it since I really get attached to my character, but having that as an option would be great.

You know what would work really well with that system? a CK 2 type system with intrigue and sending assasins, betrayals, being able to kill anyone whenever you want, just imagine you have this clever ruse, 5-6 lords are in on this with you, you invite the king to a feast in your hall and the lords are informed and cooperative to your scheme, he drinks the poisoned wine, then he dies and you take over, for the next 5 generations you and your kin are being hunted down by the king's children and grand children, begging for revenge ! :D

I went a bit off topic here xD but I do believe that if this option was to be toggle-able in Bannerlord, there would be times where I'd play with it, as long as it means that other lords can die too, I just want a bloody battle to end, hundreds of bodies on the ground, the enemy lord on his knees with my party surrounding us on the hilly grass fields of M&B, as I let him speak his final words. Such a bastard I'll be for executing a lord, but that is the life of a war-mongering maniac such as my character :D

/derail end :)

Don Kanaille

Insider
Being able to kill anyone anywhere and probably take their place is a feature Sui Generis is actually aiming for (actual dynamic world). So you will hopefully be able to play your dream scenario, except for the generations-long rivalry part.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.