Thoughts and Ideas General

Hartigan

Wouldn't boiled leather gloves be unsuitable? I mean, you need a soft interior so you can feel the weapon, unless you only boiled the external part, but I'm not sure that's the case.

Syllabear3

No arguments provided but "he is a troll" and exchange of likes solve it all. Pretty mature... well didnt expect more from you.
But i acept that move as "i give up", guys.

bobchaos

just plain leather work gloves would be appropriate for low level arena. Without treatment they won't provide much protection, but may be able to deflect those annoying glancing finger hits on parry. That seems to be the only thing preventing my quarterstaff users from being untouchable (well, when I'm not playing like garbage that is XD ) in early arena :/

Hartigan

Mhmm, Sylla, we have given up an you won, keep up the good work.

Back to topic, I would like velvet/suede gloves for low level arena, even if just for aesthetics and providing little to no defense. They would fit well a noble character, I believe.

Tyon

Some more noble/aesthetic clothes in general would be nice. I wanna see those puffy clothes renaissance folks wore a lot, it may not fit in the dungeon but it would be nice to have in the arena.

Last edited:

gumshoe

Couldn't find an existing request, but what about a 'Replay function' for arena fights, or even a 30 second replay in-game (i.e. for Sui Generis)

Even better an option to save and play replay files.

The reason is that quite often cool moves or funny things happen while in combat and it would be great to capture that and share without having to run a screen capture tool all the time :)

Hartigan

I believe it has been mentioned before, a replay function where you can move the camera.
It would be a great addition, and imagina how cool it would be to watch replay fights on head level, like on a movie, instead of using the bird camera that we usually have.

dabarrett

Insider
I am not sure how many weapons are planned but I'd love to see a net that you could tangle an enemy in and proceed to pummel them, whips would be very nice as well, low damage and none to enemies with basic mail or any sort of armor where it hits but able to wrap around their body or legs to trip them up, I've seen how effective a giant flail's chain can be and I'd love to do a similar thing. As I write this I picture the Balrog's flaming whip doubting anything reminiscent of that would happen but still I like the thought. Also on a side note, pickaxes and other basic tools that could function as a weapon, slapping undead with a shovel sounds hilarious. Ballistae later on in a room which a player or npc can activate seems interesting and satisfying. The pugilist's gloves in the arena seem like a step towards a caestus which I hope makes it in, so many ideas, so many possibilities.
I never saw any response about this, any thoughts?

I never saw any response about this, any thoughts?
The net idea sounds cool, useful as a thrown weapon and a trap and makes sense as fisherman would have them. Whips would be very intresting in combat, I would like to see a duel wield. Flails are great and dangerous, overall sounds like some cool ideas. I espessially like to see tools liying
around in the first 3 levels of sp. And hopfully outdoor areas (hopefully) :(

Last edited:

bobchaos

Nets would likely be both comical and useful. It's not lethal, which I expect will be very useful in SG, and I can't help but think watching NPCs (or myself!) flailing around desperately in there would be hillarious. So they don't become permanent death traps, maybe if you get caught in one you could just try slicing at them until they come apart.

dabarrett

Insider
I was thinking the same thing about how hilarious it would be, even if you failed at getting the perfect entrapment it would be funny to see the failed attempt hanging limply on them. I saw someone somewhat recently talking about bolos which I support as well

dabarrett

Insider
It would require skill to entangle someone and even then you could easily sidestep to avoid the throw. It wouldn't just be "oh man a net is on my shoulder, I better fall down now" just like how a chair won't trip you every time

Syllabear3

Yeah I know right, Its not nearly as genius as the ability to catch arrows out of mid air though.. Because thats realistic right?
It is if you have enough reflexes and you saw it already in the video.

"it is imposible, no one can do that"

Neither you can do this

Thats why they train to make it posible...
I dont expect a sub human to understand it, dont worry.

Mr.Gomez

Insider
It is if you have enough reflexes and you saw it already in the video.

"it is imposible, no one can do that"

Neither you can do this

Thats why they train to make it posible...
Ofcourse it may be possible under the right specific circumstances IRL, but as a viable combat action I wouldnt reccomend it. Besides can you show me where I said it was impossible? I just find it amusing that you would put down someone elses idea when your own is entirely subpar and out of theme with the game in question.

Ever heard the saying about folks in glass houses throwing stones?
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Syllabear3

Ofcourse it may be possible under the right specific circumstances IRL, but as a viable combat action I wouldnt reccomend it. Besides can you show me where I said it was impossible? I just find it amusing that you would put down someone elses idea when your own is entirely subpar and out of theme with the game in question.

Ever heard the saying about folks in glass houses throwing stones?
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yourself made it sound like its imposible by saying "the ability to catch arrows out of mid air though.. Because thats realistic right?". You get what you give, deal with it.

I expect fighters to be higly trained in exanima, if you want to rol as a peasant (such as yourself) your problem.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.