Signature Moves and Personal Finishers

MrApophos

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is a game where your play style can be very personal and unlimited in terms of moves and methods, so I wonder;

Do you have a signature move that you like to employ for effective reasons, or simply for style?
Do you have a "finisher" that you tend to use deliberately when you know your foe is down on the next hit?

I don't have a signature move, so-to-speak, but I do use a finisher or two. I tend to use a thrust with blunt weapons to finish an opponent who I deem to have given me a good fight, kind of a respect thing, just to knock them down but know they'll probably survive to fight another day. If an opponent was weak and failed to give me a good fight, I usually go for a super-overhead.

My general play style seems to be a "fire and maneuver" sort of system - quick light hits followed by stepping out of range. I often "toy with" poor opponents too, great fun.

So, tell me abour your moves and finishers, or better yet, show me! Everyone likes sharing, right?

Mine is to take a maul and smash the knee, knocking them over, and smashing them in the face.
Another is just a smack in the temple with any one handed weapon (especially the war hammer) just because it's very satisfying lol.

Syllabear3

Prefered attacks: Block and stab/overhead really works for me.
Finishers: sword in the face (when i land it)
Victory: tea bag or shaming cadaver poses.

MrApophos

Prefered attacks: Block and stab/overhead really works for me.
Finishers: sword in the face (when i land it)
Victory: tea bag or shaming cadaver poses.
Works for you practically, or...*ahem*
This, and "shaming cadaver poses" paints an interesting picture. I have to admit, my character fell over once, whilst committing a teabag. Guilty.
(especially the war hammer)
I've had nothing but rotten luck fighting with the 1h warhammer. I've recently discovered I enjoy the 2h polemace thing. Fast and hard hitting.

I've started doing show-offy spin attacks, it's possibly getting all a bit too easy now?

Roryn

Insider
I use a halberd. To finish, when they're getting up off the ground, I wait until they're almost up and most vulnerable, and then strike with an overhead, usually on the head, neck, or upper back region. Alternatively, I thrust to their side or stomach.

Last edited:

MrApophos

@Roryn Winning is winning regardless of how you go about it - I'd be pissed off in a multiplayer match if someone hit me while I was down though... seriously dishonourable imo. I mean, yes I've done it, but it made me feel ashamed, so I don't any more unless it's a sheer desperation act.
Or an accident - I enjoy slamming my weapon down right next to their head, like a "I've already won this fight, don't you know?" statement - but my aim is not perfect...

Do you have a 'signature' move?

MrApophos

A signature move - a specific attack or combination that you feel you've mastered, something that is effective every time you find the right opening. Depends on your play-style, I mean, I know spinning in combat is frowned upon, but for example, a spinning attack you've got down just right. Or maybe just a bit of flair for entertainments sake?

Kaladin

Don't really have a set finishing move, though I've a couple of signatures. One is a simple headshot with a sword, takes a bit of good footwork and a good angle of attack, but it'll smash anyone over the shield even if you do it right.

MrSharkus

One I'm practicing is swiping someone's legs out from under them with the maul, crouching over them so they can't get up, and smashing their head into the ground repeatedly.

I also love turning their face red with a healthy slash and remise with the novice sword, feels really satisfying especially if I dodge an attack that they've fully committed to.

Roryn

Insider
I figured that was it - my timing, positioning and aiming all account for the finisher. Anyway, I'm by no means an incapable fighter. I only finish them on the ground because I know I'm going to win anyway, or at least that's the case most times.

I guess I could claim to have a few signatures, but I wouldn't want to limit my style by sticking to any one of them.

Peasant135

My fighting style usually involves a 1h sword and a buckler. It involves a lot of flanking moves to get around the enemies block. I'm trying to develop perfect control of the distance and height of my attacks in order to hit specific weak point of different enemies. Alternatively I prefer the halberd/poleaxe/voulge

Roryn

Insider
Haven't mastered nothing means he's mastered at least 1 thing, it seems. He's not necessarily mastered everything ;P

Avramovic

Supporter
Signature move: Stepback + R-to-L two-handed horizontal swing as the opponent is charging, exposing his left side to MUH HAMMR. Can land in variety of places - head, kidneys, torso, arm, thigh. Moving from left to right during the swing varies, depending of opponent's movement.

Signature finisher: Kidney Pie. It's when you use the pole hammer to soften someone's kidneys for a delicious cannibal-signature-of-approval pie.

p.s.: I suck at this game so hard that 2h left-to-right swing is basically all I do.

MrApophos

Are quarterstaffs even lethal in this game
I would assume so, hit a skull hard enough and it will give. Repeatedly bash the downed body of a foe, the red damage will mount, no? I'm sure I've been damaged after knockout in arena by the Beast, hit my body swinging at an NPC..

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.