What's taking so long?

Sneil

Insider
But, let's be honest here. What is out now could easily pass off as as sweet ass indie game already as is, so who's really to complain. Personally I gave these guys over $400 CAD to get the opportunity to use their design tools and create a level for the game. Having decent technical skills and having been a developer for a couple online games learning and using those engines, I don't have issues learning new systems. However, the idea I'll someday be able to get what was promised is faint. I really really hope I'll be able to, just a lack of general communication to their fans and supporters leaves one feeling a little empty. Having said that, what they've been able to accomplish and create so far is beyond amazing and has surpassed all expectations that I'd initially held and hoped for having first seen the very first kickstater video of the project. It would be nice though just to someday get something out of the huge commitment and personal sweat I'd handed over to these guys for believing in and admiring what they've made.

Jimmini

Insider
I'd say the insider special access has been unofficially dead for over a year now.
Only on the forum though. Are you on Discord already? You just have to send a message to Madoc here and tell him your username on Discord, so he can give you access to the insider channels there. He's usually quite active there, if he's not in super crunch mode, since it's much easier to post there and less formal. And then there are obviously also the beta versions, which you probably have access to.

Sneil

Insider
What's the latest Beta? 6.7.6.1? And I should head over to discord. Whenever I check it out I dont see much activity from any of the devs. Maybe I'm not in the actual insider section over there then. Actually, looking in there, I am locked out of the insider section.. I'll have to send him a message then. He still checks in on these forums?

Jimmini

Insider
Not sure if he checks in on here often, though you can notify him on Discord as soon as you sent the message. There has been another small patch, but it's pretty broken so this is basically the latest one, yes.

Sgt. Floris

Last sign of life in the insider forums was Feb 21, 2018. And any sign from a developer was ages before that. Unless the devs decide to do something about it, I'd say the insider special access has been unofficially dead for over a year now. Unless I as an insider can declare it as official now..
Thank you for your honesty and insight into a problem which I've been adressing for more than 1 and 1/2 years now.

Can we agree that at least this forum is dead? I know a part of the people that come here also consider the development of Exanima to be dead, but can we, as a whole, at least agree that this forum is dead. No developer ever posts on the public part anymore and apparently the insider part of this forum is dead too.

Midcal9

Yeah talk to thems devs on thems disvord, many new infomrations you shall hear.

Can we agree that at least this forum is dead?
Noezings for you are alive.

gumshoe

I imagine the update is probably 3-6 months away minimum going by the Steam forum comments. Still needing to test post-portal level and general patch test with insiders, plus other things mentioned as needing work coming up, which will probably be fed into the current patch along the way and need testing too.

I think this is a realistic estimate, if no additional scope is added.

Midcal9

I imagine the update is probably 3-6 months away minimum going by the Steam forum comments. Still needing to test post-portal level and general patch test with insiders, plus other things mentioned as needing work coming up, which will probably be fed into the current patch along the way and need testing too.

I think this is a realistic estimate, if no additional scope is added.
Zee Chinese overlord of ours has promised a beta update within a wekk in one of his coffee updates.

Midcal9

Doesn't a beta update mean it'll be in the hands of insiders, not the rest of us?
Correct but it wasn't released. Can you find coffee updates on Exanima steam forum yourself or must I link you to them? All you got to do is to read the last 2 of them.

Gnawl

Insider
Only on the forum though. Are you on Discord already? You just have to send a message to Madoc here and tell him your username on Discord, so he can give you access to the insider channels there. He's usually quite active there, if he's not in super crunch mode, since it's much easier to post there and less formal. And then there are obviously also the beta versions, which you probably have access to.
Why dont the devs just put a link to their discord channel on the main site page or in a new pinned thread on the forums instead of PMing for access. If the forums are dead and the discord channel is active thats the place everyone should be, otherwise the remaining people are going to think the whole thing is dead.

Tony

Insider
Why dont the devs just put a link to their discord channel on the main site page or in a new pinned thread on the forums instead of PMing for access. If the forums are dead and the discord channel is active thats the place everyone should be, otherwise the remaining people are going to think the whole thing is dead.
Because Discord can be flooded with spammers. We've had a few that I've banned but it's not too bad yet since the invite link hasn't been posted on too many public places.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.