Development update #1

Fawz

Insider
Although a long time ago, it was mentioned that it would be improbable we would get to play a non-human race. I'm guessing Madoc is talking about creating non-human NPCs like porky from the Kickstarter videos.

Ours is at heart a low fantasy world. Other races are nothing like humans, they have drastically different intelligences and psychologies. Non human races with societies similar to that of humans don't fit in with our world design. That said our universe does potentially support it.

We have considered making at least one other race playable but adding enough depth to this to make it viable would be a lot of work. If we didn't put a lot of care into it it would just be silly.

Thaumaturgy is very much an aspect of the human mind and this is an important element of the "lore". That said this doesn't mean other races might not have some other form of it. Don't expect "ogre mages" or anything like that though.

Other races may indeed use some tools and they will be able to communicate amongst eachother.

The core of the story is the very thing we want to hide. That's where you have to try to get to using your wits and reasoning.

Eulogywerd

Insider
I'm trying to view the Dev Video Recaps but it keeps saying I don't have permission to view it. I backed at the £20 so I should be able to see it, shouldn't I?

Edit: Just noticed that under my name it just says member and not Insider. Guess I'll email the devs.

Fawz

Insider
I'm trying to view the Dev Video Recaps but it keeps saying I don't have permission to view it. I backed at the £20 so I should be able to see it, shouldn't I?

Edit: Just noticed that under my name it just says member and not Insider. Guess I'll email the devs.
It's best to contact the Dev team to sort out the details, and seeing as how you're now marked as an Insider I'm guessing it's fixed.

In case it's not though, to answer your question from the info I gathered from the Kickstarter page and the paypal donation page, no you shouldn't have access to the Dev videos at the £20 level.

With £20 as a Kickstarter backer you have access to: "£20 (approximately $32 USD): 1x Digital Copy (beta and release), Digital Soundtrack, Insider Forum."
With £20 as a Paypall backer you have access to: "Receive a digital copy of the game on release, plus early access to beta versions and our insider forum. "

Oh I wasn't worried that you guys were not working, however an official update every few weeks would go a long way in keeping people happy.

Fawz

Insider
Yeah there's a sufficient amount of information transmitted to backers of the game overall, the problem I think is in the way it's delivered. The youtube channel has had no use since the end of the funding, Twitter goes silent a lot and we don't get much official announcements on the website/forums (not insider)/Kickstarter page.

For a lot of people the only information they've gotten are the official announcements, of which there's only been 1 with game information on March 6th 2013 since the funding date of November 29, 2012 .

Achilles

Supporter
I understand:

a) That there must be a difference in the amount of information between the people that backed with the basic donation (that entitles you to a game) and the people who backed in the insider level, because if the ones who didnt pay to be insiders got the same level of info and updates, that would render the insder level meaningless.

b) That they are a small team and the logical think to do is to focus time and energy into the game.

Having said that, I find the fact that they havent shown not even a 5 sec video or just a short message update in all this time a little bit unsettling.

Sorry for the biching and moaning.

BigT2themax

Insider
Hey, I just want to ask, what's the ETA on some public video on youtube or something that everyone can see?

I have access to the dev videos, I'm just wanting some awesome video showing off the combat and the inventory and some environments and such so I can show the game to some friends.

No, seriously, if you guys make videos and such for the public, I will advertise the FUCK out of this game to my friends and try and convince some of them to get this game. You guys would probably get lots of free viral advertising from forum members here! you'd be rolling in loads of dough! :D

Parco

its true with simple methods they can quite easy advertise the game, but if i remember correctly they wanted to keep the community small during the early stage of development.

BigT2themax

Insider
Good point. I'll link some gameplay videos on facebook once the team hire an animator and the game gets more polish and things added to it, as right now, it's looking kind of unpolished and people may get the wrong idea about the quality of the game.

Still, I'm sure the folks on this forum do want to see some more gameplay footage.

I can't believe all of this is possible without a supercomputer and rendering time! Are you talking to us from the distant future?

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.