Recent content by Alphanoobmeric

1. Alphanoobmeric

Update?

Huzzah!
  2. Alphanoobmeric

Magic chests ?

I always kind of enjoyed the RE4 inventory system. Inventory tetris it is, but I can see how it probably isn't for everyone.
  3. Alphanoobmeric

Exanima Combat, Thoughts, Suggestions

Big swinging cuts in games tend to be for the benefit of game balance. If there's no wind up, how do you expect players to not become frustrated when they're taken out by a quick thrust they could have no hope of seeing? They need tells so the player can make decisions and not feel like they're...
  4. Alphanoobmeric

Day night cycle?

A hardcore mode (as fluffydino2000 describes) would be alright as long as it stayed that way, as a mode. More often than not, things like that just turn into tedium without really adding to immersion. It ends up being, "well I better buy 15 torches instead of the one" and then get to have fun...
  5. Alphanoobmeric

How is dialogue with NPCs going to work?

To be honest, I'd rather they kept it simple. I'm only able to guess at how far they're pushing themselves now, but I'd rather not overtax the developers. They're already doing some really innovative things and are already promising a lot. Just deliver on the concepts already there. I'll take...
  6. Alphanoobmeric

Your Thoughts on Armor?

Yep, I figured as much. Really, I just wanted to put to rest the confusion on whether the current version had the feature or not. Plus, it was nifty to pay a closer attention to the mechanics. Good to know it's in the works, though. I admit kinda like being a super fast tank, but it's not good...
  7. Alphanoobmeric

Your Thoughts on Armor?

The following tests were carried out with a male character of dead center physique, medium height, and young age. Experiment 1: Swing Count (Game version 0.5.3.1) Hypothesis: Wearing full plate will lower the number of swings one can do in a set amount of time. Method: I set a timer to 30...
  8. Alphanoobmeric

Riskbreaker

Riskbreaker
  9. Alphanoobmeric

Exanima gaining traction!

Just wanted to point out that Skallagrim is the one who introduced Exanima to me. Never heard of Sui Generis or Exanima before his vid. So, thanks to whoever pointed it out to him! Haven't had this much fun with an RPG in awhile! I'll be trying to spread the gospel.
  10. Alphanoobmeric

Your Thoughts on Armor?

Attack speed should be easy enough to test. Simply record in arena mode with the character doing a simple standing swing with and without armor. I'd probably let him finish doing the two swing animation so the speed difference is more noticeable if there is one. If it's not a noticeable...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.