Recent content by Homiccus

1. Homiccus

"Must have" clothing and armor thread.

You and me both... in my case the English is the foreign language though. Right. I owe you some explanation then with apologies. My "hints" were aimed at perceived ignorance and derogatory attitude towards the family of "plates" armour. I obviously don't know you personally and I have (had?) no...
  2. Homiccus

We are going to put our nit-picking mantle on, shall we precious? Yes... (Cough, cough) (nasty hobbitses). The data presented here is orientational at best and somewhat-true for vests NIJ Class IIa. Classes above that have significantly different specs and requirements. They all work by the...
  3. Homiccus

Yep, it is a Mongol armour. I think the photo you've attached shows a form of Kuyak, however the hatanga works off the same principle. Or it could be a hatanga, but inside out? Hrmmm... More pics? The reason for strange looking armour on my attachment (ie. the tied up edges of the kaftan - the...
  4. Homiccus

Aww... I was hoping you'll follow up with the rest of the Speech... ;,( Anyways, Sillybear is a bit like Marmite - you either love him or hate him. Sometimes both. But it's hard to imagine this forum without him. Actually this pattern is sort-of 14th century-ish. Eastern cultures never...
  5. Homiccus

Actually to stop you two from derailing the thread even futher... I come to you in the wake of recent events to issue a call to reason (and for truce). While we battle one another, divided be the petty strife of our common history, the tide of greater conflict is turning against us, threatening...
  6. Homiccus

Thoughts and Ideas General

Uh... tentatively, but it's a yes from me.
  7. Homiccus

What's taking so long?

Do it. Under one condition. There will be the Nyan Cat or a Unicorn at the beginning of the sentence.
  8. Homiccus

Thoughts and Ideas General

Our hero(-ine) only just learned to crouch without falling over. Give it some time. :)
  9. Homiccus

This looks like Prussian helmet belonging to the "Prunk-Kürassiere" (translated loosely as "maginificent cuirassiers") of the "Garde-Kürassier-Regiment" ("The Grand Cuirassier Regiment" or "Guards Regiment"), a sort-of officer school of circa 1730s. I doubt it would ever be used in melee...
  10. Homiccus

Crests were fixed on a semi-flexible mount and on top of the helmet, not at the sides. They fulfilled the same role as the elaborate heraldic crests on top of tournament helmets (ie. frog mouths or great helmets) - that is to identify the importance of the wearer (so that allied troops knew...
  11. Homiccus

What's taking so long?

It also said: Now, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but earlier someone was saying something about people taking responsibility for their actions... :p
  12. Homiccus

What's taking so long?

Cor Blimey, @ChildrenofMana... I've just scrapped a page-long tirade-answer to Tony after reading your reply. You nailed it.
  13. Homiccus

What's taking so long?

Before I answer in length, I would ask for clarification. Are you referring to Hyomoto's post specifically (as I did throughout this thread) or are you referring to "others" in general?
  14. Homiccus

What's taking so long?

I must admit the comparison wasn't one of my finest. Heh. :) I do hope however that it has some merit. I agree, Kickstarter is not a shop, but rather a platform where a form of gentleman's agreement is reached. No one forces anyone to pledge more than absolute minimum to get the finished...
  15. Homiccus

What's taking so long?

As usual, my threepence in... First thing to tackle is the "money issue". For the sake of this argument, I'll be assuming this is correct. Oh, man. An annual salary of £23k (less income tax and NI obviously) borders on a national minimum in the UK, even more so if you consider BM's HQ is in...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.