Recent content by Zodeak

1. Zodeak

World Traveling

I couldn't agree more. This reminds of the novel Cugel the Clever by Jack Vance... a great fantasy read if you're into that sort of thing.
  2. Zodeak

How would you define difficulty ?

I'm not sure if the chess analogy is really relevant? Chess isn't a computer game. Yes, you can use the fact that you play against a computer AI whilst playing chess to intuit that better AI makes a game more challenging but that's really the only point to draw from it, and this is common...
  3. Zodeak

I would like to talk about weapon clashing for a moment.

Yep, the Jedi Knight series has flawless lightsaber combat all in all imo. Jedi Outcast 2 is astonishing... As has already been mentioned, it seems as though clashing will be implemented properly later on in development. The fact is, most warriors of the world wielded one handed weapons or...
  4. Zodeak

Battles against unnatural creatures should be rare and terrifying, not the norm!

I would absolutely agree with everything said above also. I think that the mythical monsters need to be in a low frequency, but those fights need to be memorable, epic and ground-breaking. Really nice post btw NT122.
  5. Zodeak

Your Favorite RPG(s)?

I'm glad to see Divine Divinity isn't left out! 'Tis a great game. My personal favorites are Baldur's Gate 2 and 1. Fallout (1,2,3 and New Vegas) the Witcher 2 and the Knights of the Old Republic games. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls go without saying also.
  6. Zodeak

Romance

Ditto. The Witcher 2 by a good distance has the best romance imo. There were many pictures of Triss to choose from on Google......
  7. Zodeak

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

The hilarity of The Holy Grail, could be a reality in Sui Generis!
  8. Zodeak

Role-playing thread(s)

I'm in to.
  9. Zodeak

Biomes?

Yeah, I think immersion and "realism" is definately the word(s). As they've already stated, they will have seasons so I think there's a pretty big thumbs up from the developers for dynamic environments. I'd love to see a big variety of biomes in the truest sense of the word i.e. different types...
  10. Zodeak

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

I must add that it is the end result that matters here also....... either dying or surviving o_O
  11. Zodeak

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

This was my point earlier. I think dismemberment ANIMATIONS would be good upon death, but they mustn't have any affect on gameplay. If you die because you get an arm lopped off, or die because of a flail to the face (See signature above) , you still die... .
  12. Zodeak

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

I think severing of limbs for players isn't a very good idea. Yeah, it may be realistic, but it would take so much from the gameplay that it could make the game unplayable to any reasonable degree. We already know the game is going to be "hard", so with combat hard as well, it seems unnecessary...
  13. Zodeak

What is 'low fantasy' exactly?

Yeah its called "The Fight-back for the Governorship or California".
  14. Zodeak

I may be wrong, but ALL games get easier as you advance. They may get harder relating to your character's stats, but as you progress as a player of the game, even harder challenges are made easier after even one playthrough. There's nothing that developers can really do to combat (pun intended)...
  15. Zodeak

I'm pretty sure you can prescribe percentages to any situation in a game, be it hit or miss, saving throws etc etc. It only becomes annoying if a player can't avoid it yourself (I.e. you are in a set-in-stone position or stuck in some way). From the videos we've seen SG seems very much like a...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.