Alpha & Beta?

As much as I'd like to play with the people on this forum, I think SG is and always will be primarily single player. I'm not sure what's involved with making the game playable on LAN, but I imagine it would be quite complicated because of the physics-based nature of interaction.

I expect that LAN will become available further down the road, but for alpha and beta I think singleplayer will be (and should be) a priority. I would rather have a more polished and finished singleplayer than a half-baked single player and a subpar LAN option.

P.S. Sorry for the buzzkill. :( I look forward to LANing with you all in the future:)

Komuflage

Insider
Aw come on! It'll be Ultima style Dark Souls! Invasions and everything! :D

Nah, I kid, full co op would be great.
Invasion would actually be really cool though. How it'll work in an open world I dunno.
Or they could make so you can only invade in the underworld, that would be neat.
Dammit now I'm excited :(

Scarecrow

Insider
Invasion would actually be really cool though. How it'll work in an open world I dunno.
Or they could make so you can only invade in the underworld, that would be neat.
Dammit now I'm excited :(
That actually sounds pretty cool, would make the underworld exceptionally terrifying i believe.

I too however don't think LAN will be available at the Alpha verison, but maybe the Beta. We have to test the LAN features at some point as well, before the game is released.

Out of interest, how large do you guys think the file size will be for the alpha (and beta and release)? I'm just wondering really, but didn't think it warranted its own thread.

666jet

Insider
Out of interest, how large do you guys think the file size will be for the alpha (and beta and release)? I'm just wondering really, but didn't think it warranted its own thread.
Hmm probably around the 3 or 4 GB mark but that said it could be a lot more because they said they pretty much want a the full game in alpha it could get to the range of up to 15 GB but probably around 9gb

666jet

Insider
Well reason I said up to 15GB is because the collectors edition of it the game comes on a flash drive and most games take up to 15 GB but it's all just guess work

Fresh

Insider
Just over a year since Sui Generis appeared on Kickstarter now, even back then it felt impossible to wait for this game. I wonder how close they are to releasing a alpha version, can't wait to see how the game looks in the upcoming public video. In all honesty I would have spent hours on just smacking enemies in the demo they showed on Kickstarter a year ago, can't imagine how much time I will spend on alpha.

Tom

Insider
Let's not go crazy here. First the public video, then a full week to recover from the sheer awesomeness, and then, sometime, maybe perfectly timed for Christmas, we'll get the Alpha.

Priorities, people! :p

I pledged for Beta access so I, unfortunately, will not be spending the massive amounts of time (which I feel comfortable saying) playing with you all in Alpha. Once that Beta drops, its another story entirely. That first experience is what I'm looking forward to. Walking around and blindly discovering the world. What helps and what harms and ultimately, what takes my first life. I hope the devs will be online to enjoy the game alongside us.

Reactions: Tom

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.