Its that time of the year again

Fawz

Insider
Happy holidays to everyone!

Hopefully BM finds the time to get some rest to hang out with friends and family (and maybe drop us backers a tiny present? :p)

Tony

Insider
Happy holidays! I hope the Bare Mettle team is enjoying a well earned break from Sui Generis so that they return refreshed and better than ever :D.

Here on the west coast of the USA we usually eat turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes mixed with brown sugar and toasted marshmallows on top, stuffing, green bean casserole and various other side dishes. Usually there are several types of pie for dessert (one of my favorites is pecan pie!).

Empire²

Insider
Happy holidays to all!

In the Netherlands, we don't celebrate Christmas in the modern way that much. We have a holiday called Sinterklaas just before Christmas (Based on St. Nicholas, it's what Santa Claus derived from) which is our commercial holiday, and Christmas is still very much a Christian holiday, so it doesn't go far beyond christmas trees. Nonetheless, we're doing a family dinner where everyone chimes in and makes something different! I'm going to make the alcoholic beverages, which says a lot about me as a cook AND a person :p

Happy holidays to all!

In the Netherlands, we don't celebrate Christmas in the modern way that much. We have a holiday called Sinterklaas just before Christmas (Based on St. Nicholas, it's what Santa Claus derived from) which is our commercial holiday, and Christmas is still very much a Christian holiday, so it doesn't go far beyond christmas trees. Nonetheless, we're doing a family dinner where everyone chimes in and makes something different! I'm going to make the alcoholic beverages, which says a lot about me as a cook AND a person :p
inb4 Sinterklaas gets wrapped up for racism BS and Santa takes over the world.

Tessaya

Insider

Christmas family dinner is usually a "raclette".
Just lots of cheese, potatoes and delicatessen (google translate for that last one, "charcuterie" in french). If I think about it that's basically what we're eating most of the time, just in a different arrangement :3

Zervostyrd

Insider
Meatballs, "prince sausage", potatoes, eggs, salmon, herring, and a bunch of stuff I don't know the English word for.
Nonetheless Merry Christmas all.
had the same pretty much yesterday... (since we celebrate christmas the 24th..)

Anyway, Merry christmas for you who celebrate today and for all a good continuation until new year!

Edit: I do wonder how those small sausages got the "prince"? Princes got or like small sausages? :p

Komuflage

Insider
had the same pretty much yesterday... (since we celebrate christmas the 24th..)

Anyway, Merry christmas for you who celebrate today and for all a good continuation until new year!

Edit: I do wonder how those small sausages got the "prince"? Princes got or like small sausages? :p
We celebrate he 24th as well. I sent that reply 7pm the 24th :p (Different timezones)

Scarecrow

Insider
Celebrated yesterday as well. Ate lots of delicious traditional Norwegian christmas food. I serriously don't know the names in English (most of them anyways). Ribs, Medisterkake, fat and small sausages, potatoes, lamb stuff, some stew stuff and more (Also Akkevitt).

Merry Christmas to you all, even if this comes a bit late!

Zervostyrd

Insider
We celebrate he 24th as well. I sent that reply 7pm the 24th :p (Different timezones)
Oh, I'm pretty sure we live in the same country :) Even though I dare bet that I live a good ~7500km (maybe more, and I could be wrong) away, Time zones are still of no matter... I was so sad we forgot to prepare reindeer heart... Not the classics of the christmas gourmet but it's soo good eatin'.

with yesterday I meant the 24th if I was unclear, and with "today" I meant the 25th since most peeps (I think) celebrate the 25th.. (well it's soon midnight here but It ain't tomorrow until I've slept. :p)

@Scarecrow: "Medisterkake" your analogy to meatballs? :)

Scarecrow

Insider
Oh, I'm pretty sure we live in the same country :) Even though I dare bet that I live a good ~7500km (maybe more, and I could be wrong) away, Time zones are still of no matter... I was so sad we forgot to prepare reindeer heart... Not the classics of the christmas gourmet but it's soo good eatin'.

with yesterday I meant the 24th if I was unclear, and with "today" I meant the 25th since most peeps (I think) celebrate the 25th.. (well it's soon midnight here but It ain't tomorrow until I've slept. :p)

@Scarecrow: "Medisterkake" your analogy to meatballs? :)
Well, it's like meatballs yeah. We have meatballs and medisterkake though, but they are essentially the same. Different type of meat involved i suppose :D

Zervostyrd

Insider
Nvm, though you directed "...you who celebrate today..." at me :p
ah, well didn't really intend to :)

@Scarecrow : interesting. I belive your dish to be made out of minced pork, instead of minced beef. (though my meat balls was 50% beef and 50% Moose meat, a bit of stray from the original recepy :D)

Not that I belive meatballs to be a swedish exclusive, I did however thought it was a swedish "exclusive" on the christmas table, even through out the rest of Scandinavia... :p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.