Get Hype Giveaway - Win insider forum access (or more!)

lvk

Insider
Congratulations to Zantite and XxBoDxX!

The remainder of the post is kept below.
The prize pool has increased! Alpha prizes! Tell your friends!
The first combat alpha is drawing near! However, as it doesn't accurately represent the final state of the game, it will be under an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). While this keeps gaming news websites from writing hasty or poorly informed articles, it also gates information to the people who have faith in the project.

So we're doing a giveaway!

The Prize Pool (subject to change)
If you want to add a prize, read Expanding the prize pool !

Thanks to Komuflage, the prize pool is now 300% more voluptuous and a yet to be defined amount more amazing!
  • Alpha pledge tier (40GBP) x2!
    This entails the following: Access to alpha/beta of the prelude and final game, the soundtrack of the game, insider forum access, and 2 copies of the game on release. This should also include an additional copy of the completed prelude.
That's right, the prize pool is now two alpha tier contributions! It can hardly get better!

How to join in
All you have to do is leave a message clearly stating you want to join. You're free to talk and discuss, but if you want to join in make it clear, to avoid confusion. However, there are some rules and limitations:
  • You mustn't already be a backer
  • Must have at least 3 forum posts contributing to SG/BM discussion, so it'll go two ways - you win insider forum access, and the community gets more discussion in return! This is mostly to prevent third parties with no actual interest to create a new account and participate. I apologize to all the loving lurkers, but remember that there's still time to get discussing! I'm familiar with most people on the forums, but if I'm not sure I'll check your post history.
People currently joined in
Note that the number in front signifies order of signup, and has no influence on your odds in the final drawing.
  1. Marc
  2. Zantite
  3. Fallenhein
  4. The Man Who Was RIGHT
  5. Un1ver5al
  6. skilzg haki
  7. XxBoDxX
  8. ShaunRemo

Drawing the winner(s) and giveaway entry deadline
The winners will be drawn using random.org's Sequence Generator as described in section 3 of their FAQ. If there's more than one prize, I will generate a sequence of numbers - the first number in the list wins the highest reward, and we go down from there. The giveaway entry will run until the combat alpha's release, or possibly a day or two longer if the release is too soon to warrant a number of entries. I'll update this section accordingly.

Expanding the prize pool
Think the prize pool looks a little small? Sitting on bags of money with nothing to toss them at? Looking to use your affluence to expand the community? Add a prize to the pool! Send me a message with the prize you're looking to provide, and I'll add your prize with your name to the list! As a safety measure, you must already be a backer of some sort to do this.

But most of the forum regulars are already insiders!
I've noticed that indeed most of the regular forumgoers are already backers of some kind. I'm hoping we can draw in just a few more people who have enough faith to leave a few messages, and increase the community ever so slightly.

Without further ado, the giveaway is now open for registration!

Last edited:

Fawz

Insider
Great initiative! This is a really good idea to get more of the community involved and aware about how awesome the game is shaping up to be.

Best of luck with the contest and I hope people aren't shy and sign up. I'm already a backer so I'm not signing up myself, but I'll be interested to see how this works out.

Best of luck!

Marc

Insider
I would like to join! I've been following since this game since the kickstarter days and have been lurking on these forums since :oops: If this giveaway was intended to bring out lurkers and have them contribute then its worked on me:D

lvk

Insider
While double posting is generally against forum etiquette, Komuflage has doubled the prize pool in amount of prizes and quadrupled it in value! Rather than get to the insider forums, you have a shot at winning alpha access! If there was ever a time to join in, it has to be now.

Zantite

Insider
Id like to join! Havent had enough cash to buy the game yet and it looks amazing, count me in please.

Reactions: lvk

Leo

Insider
man this sucks i want to join too i don't have access to alpha maybe i should have a chance too come on !

lvk

Insider
While the original post states the intent of the contest is both to get lurking members to contribute, and in return give them more to talk about, the third reason (not previously mentioned) is that I assume these people currently have no way to pay for the game.

As I see it, if you follow a project around for this long with the knowledge there's an insider forum abound with more information, you'd probably want to read it but have no means to do so. For previous/repeat backers/insider status forum members, I can at least be sure that they not only have a means to contribute, but are already part of an inner circle, and halfway to alpha access.

The initial goal of the giveaway was to broaden the insider circle a bit, but it unexpectedly turned into a higher tier giveaway (forumgoers are more generous than I'd accounted for!) so it might feel unfair at the moment. I'm terribly sorry for that! Maybe more people will pool in prizes and the giveaway turns into more of a gift exchange, but for now I'll have to keep the contest rules as they are. If something changes, I'll leave additional posts and edit the thread accordingly.

Leo

Insider
While the original post states the intent of the contest is both to get lurking members to contribute, and in return give them more to talk about, the third reason (not previously mentioned) is that I assume these people currently have no way to pay for the game.

As I see it, if you follow a project around for this long with the knowledge there's an insider forum abound with more information, you'd probably want to read it but have no means to do so. For previous/repeat backers/insider status forum members, I can at least be sure that they not only have a means to contribute, but are already part of an inner circle, and halfway to alpha access.

The initial goal of the giveaway was to broaden the insider circle a bit, but it unexpectedly turned into a higher tier giveaway (forumgoers are more generous than I'd accounted for!) so it might feel unfair at the moment. I'm terribly sorry for that! Maybe more people will pool in prizes and the giveaway turns into more of a gift exchange, but for now I'll have to keep the contest rules as they are. If something changes, I'll leave additional posts and edit the thread accordingly.
I understand and agree. However i do not normaly have the means to contribute. I just decided that this is important enough to dedicate any money available to it.

BigT2themax

Insider
If no one else joins in, this is going to be less of a lottery giveaway, and more of a "well, I guess Marc and Zantite get alpha tier access now" situation. Even if you use random.org's sequence generator. :p

I'd add a beta access tier to the prize pool, but I don't have money to throw around. :(

I will most definitely join in on this business. I am setting my Man Who Was RIGHT insight to level MAXIMUM OUTPUT in anticipation. Oh wait hold that thought, I've got to go do that elsewhere two more times before I'm eligible - brb!

Un1ver5al

Hey all, just found out about this today otherwise I'd have gotten involved earlier. From what I've seen this looks great, I'll be following development from now on.

I'd like to take part in the discussion, development and any play testing of the alpha if/when available.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.