Chaos Reborn from Julian Gollop on Kickstarter

Crayfish

Insider
I figure that there may be quite a few people on this forum who might be interested in a new fantasy strategy game by Julian Gollop, the creator of the XCOM series.

Chaos Reborn is based upon the ZX Spectrum game "Chaos" that was released thirty years ago and published by Games Workshop. It's a fast paced strategy game where battles are usually resolved in about 20 to 30 turns and last ten to fifteen minutes.

You begin each battle as a wizard with a book of spells that you use to summon an army, create defensive fortifications, upgrade your wizard's equipment and attack your opponents directly. One of the defining features of Chaos is that the balance of power in the battle can change dramatically from one turn to another. Even in a position where all seems to be lost the right spell and a bit of luck can win the game.

The new incarnation of the game will also have a campaign mode where your wizard will be able to explore the realms of chaos, building his repertoire of spells as he progresses.

Julian's Kickstarter campaign launched today and you can find it here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206403106/chaos-reborn-from-the-creator-of-the-original-x-co

If you're interested to know a lot more about the game Joystiq interviewed Julian recently in a live stream where he played the game with Alexander Sliwinski. You can see that article and a recording of the stream here: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/04/joystiq-streams-xcom-creator-julian-gollop-introduces-us-to-cha/

BrecMadak

Insider
Maybe a way too quick judgement but just checked the video and can tell easily that not gonna be my ale at all; so simplified (dumbed down looking) and crude designs overall. You know not always old timers could execute well crafted games..

xfata

Maybe a way too quick judgement but just checked the video and can tell easily that not gonna be my ale at all; so simplified (dumbed down looking) and crude designs overall. You know not always old timers could execute well crafted games..
You have to know, that what you see on the videos is not even an alpha version, its just a protoytpe. I have played with that prototype already, and even at this very early stage its a perfectly entertaining game. I cannot even guess how much fun it will be, when it will be finished. So yes, I think it was too quick of a judgment.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.