NDA and YouTube

Carl

Insider
I've seen a few (actually quite useful) short fight sequence videos posted here, all hosted on YouTube. I certainly think they're contributing to the overall SG learning experience as well as being interesting to look at.

1. How do Bare Mettle feel about this? I figure the videos are breaking the NDA when hosted on YouTube, even if they are embedded here within the forum?

2. What are people using to record the action? My NVIDIA GTX 760Ti has a cool feature called ShadowPlay which records with a negligible performance hit, however it's so cool ;) it doesn't actually seem to work with SG :(

It's fine to post videos on the forum so long as they don't get posted elsewhere. Being hosted on youtube isn't an issue either, as long as the video is unlisted. Basically, this means people require the link to see the video so it cannot come up from a you tube search. I think most people are using fraps to capture video.

Hope this helps!

Parco

as long as the videos are unlisted and only shared in the insider forum it wont break the NDA
im using OBS, Open Broadcaster Software, can be used for streaming and recording and quality is as good as you set it to (and its free)

Tony

Insider
The Youtube videos are not breaking the NDA if they are set to "private" or "unlisted" on Youtube. It is also a good idea to put a warning message in the title and description of the video on Youtube that mentions the game is currently under NDA and that the videos should not be shared.

As Parco Folgore mentioned Open Broadcaster is a good option for recording and streaming gameplay; it works well and is rather simple to use.

Carl

Insider
Ah, okay, that's cool. I didn't know a video could be marked as "unlisted" — that explains why I couldn't find them when I searched YouTube.

Thank you.

I've been using ShadowPlay with my nvidia card to record. Quality is great besides having to record in desktop mode. Seems that ShadowPlay doesn't recognize Sui Generis but my fps never falls below 70 while recording.

Komuflage

Insider
I'll recommend OBS as parco suggested, it's a really high quality software, with a premium feel to it, even though it's FREE, also it doesn't affect performance much.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.