Steam/Greenlight

SHould Sui Generis start its greenlight campaign

• Total voters

lvk

Insider
You raise a valid point, but I was speaking more of key in a broader sense of access to what can be seen in the account page seen here. Since we are in fact discussing a 2nd party distribution channel which happens to be DRM-locked, what I'm asking for is how the game conceivable would be DRM-free for those purchasing SG on Steam in the future.
I gather it's similar to Kerbal Space Program, where you can both purchase through Steam and Bare Mettle themselves, and eventually claim a Steam key with the latter option. Purchasing through Steam probably won't get you a DRM-free copy.

Oooewww... Is this game going to be an Early Access game? Because I truly despise what Early Access is and allows. One developer just recently placed their pre-order game into early access in a days time effectively removing the ability for people who pre-ordered to hit the refund button(cancel pre-order) and pushing out terrible beta builds in the name of Early Access until their release date months later only to release something less than the originals. And I see it happen more than I'd like.

Or will it be like that one game called WindForge, Early Access to start, but very short time, and then release a full build a month later.

Or is it like Kerbel Space program where you go early access, and then offer your builds on your website along side your Steam Early Access builds. There are a few games like that, I never understand why people don't Opt for this option.

lvk

Insider
@CountReiniardThe3 Even if bad things have been done by what Early Access allows developers to do, you need only look at BM's previous alpha/beta releases to know everything's all right. Alpha/beta pledges have been open since the very beginning, and by now there's a good track record on the effort and polish that goes into these builds.

Tony

Insider
Oooewww... Is this game going to be an Early Access game? Because I truly despise what Early Access is and allows. One developer just recently placed their pre-order game into early access in a days time effectively removing the ability for people who pre-ordered to hit the refund button(cancel pre-order) and pushing out terrible beta builds in the name of Early Access until their release date months later only to release something less than the originals. And I see it happen more than I'd like.

Or will it be like that one game called WindForge, Early Access to start, but very short time, and then release a full build a month later.

Or is it like Kerbel Space program where you go early access, and then offer your builds on your website along side your Steam Early Access builds. There are a few games like that, I never understand why people don't Opt for this option.
I don't believe they will release any builds on Steam that are not available for members who supported the game directly on their homepage/Kickstarter. My guess is the earliest release they'd consider releasing on Steam would be the prelude version of the game, which would be the same version that everyone else gets. Whether or not Steam is going to get the alpha/beta versions of the prelude is unknown. I'd prefer that Bare Mettle did not release the alpha or beta version of the prelude on Steam so that it would be in a more polished state and give people a better first impression.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.