Dark Souls II Info, spoiler free.

BrecMadak

Insider
Hello guys after a long time, and sorry coming with rants, bitchings whatever you call; What surprises me no one ever really noticed/mentioned any difference from demo version to retail really ?? Wow...But these are all truths unfortunately, and FUCK YOU 'From Software' for betraying PC users, really nothing could ever bother me much more than this. They lied and fooled millions but I'm happy that I have not pre-ordered and I for one will not buy this shit !! :mad: The more you watch the more pain you take in your heart, arghhh !!!

Just watch no more words needed;
(watch the video after 2nd minute)

Last edited:

ZaratanCho

Insider
Well that happens with nearly all games nowadays. There are always months of talk before release how amazing this or that is or groundbreaking or whatever on trailers and interviews, but in end it is not the case. ;d Common practice to hype and push pre-orders anywhere you can.

BrecMadak

Insider
Guess I shouldn't watch that then, as I'm really happy with the game as it's now :)
Nope you should face with facts. Awareness never hurts.
This game could be my most wanted game ever along with SG, but turned out to be quite on the contrary side; plain sales policy bullshit.

Scarecrow

Insider
Hello guys after a long time, and sorry coming with rants, bitchings whatever you call; What surprises me no one ever really noticed/mentioned any difference from demo version to retail really ?? Wow...But these are all truths unfortunately, and FUCK YOU 'From Software' for betraying PC users, really nothing could ever bother me much more than this. They lied and fooled millions but I'm happy that I have not pre-ordered and I for one will not buy this shit !! :mad: The more you watch the more pain you take in your heart, arghhh !!!

Just watch no more words needed;
(watch the video after 2nd minute)
Well, i really don't think this is much to be upset about. Each to his own of course, but I'm personally not bothered by this. I won't go into detail about the things in the video, as to respect those who don't want to know. But these things doesn't change the fact that DS 2 is a great game imo. I mean sure, it would be nice with some better textures and stuff, but that isn't at all important to me. I thought DS 2 actually looked good. Good enough at least.

Also, regarding darkness, can't you just turn the brightness down or fiddle with contrasts and stuff? But again, i don't think that the game being a bit brighter than what was shown in the demo's is a huge problem. It doesn't break the game. Nor does any of the other stuff mentioned in the video for that matter, not even close to it. Don't know if you've actually played the console versions yet, but you should really give this game a go if you haven't. I think it's pretty great, and I don't think you should miss out on it based on the things said in the video.

ZaratanCho

Insider
I don't think anyone said the game is bad or broken, but it was advertised to be better than it actually is. If you liked the previous one you will probably like this one a lot too. And appearance and design choices do matter so i wouldn't say that "it isn't at all important" ;d No big problems, but it would have been nice to be more than "good enough", no ? ;d

If you are into the souls games you will probably want to play this one too. ;d

BrecMadak

Insider
Yep you guys right i should give a try at the very least before judging based on that video, but still can not take myself from pissed off of the game damn !
And as a reply, that much light in terms of atmosphere and surprises definitly would have been breaking and shitting up immersion and tension no one can deny that I think, you have seen lthat you would not even in need of litting yoru torch since indoors have no darkness at all, even at the peak of showing the enemy to you which is a bummer ! I wanted to mention these for those who can only be objective though ! :p

And lets forget everything what could you say about ring of protection which saves all of your items, souls whatnut and only costs 3k ! If this not a game breaker nothing would be unfortunately. By this you would never live any fear, no risk and therefore no fun eventually.

I'm not here to humiliate this game since I for one was one of the most hyping guy for this game back then, just wanted to share my grief, since DS2 had the chance to be a superior successor to Souls series.

Down8

Insider
Well, i really don't think this is much to be upset about. Each to his own of course, but I'm personally not bothered by this. I won't go into detail about the things in the video, as to respect those who don't want to know. But these things doesn't change the fact that DS 2 is a great game imo. I mean sure, it would be nice with some better textures and stuff, but that isn't at all important to me. I thought DS 2 actually looked good. Good enough at least.

Also, regarding darkness, can't you just turn the brightness down or fiddle with contrasts and stuff? But again, i don't think that the game being a bit brighter than what was shown in the demo's is a huge problem. It doesn't break the game. Nor does any of the other stuff mentioned in the video for that matter, not even close to it. Don't know if you've actually played the console versions yet, but you should really give this game a go if you haven't. I think it's pretty great, and I don't think you should miss out on it based on the things said in the video.

I agree about the bad marketing practices, but the game is great, and I think they had to make compromises to be able to run the game in the weakest platform. I'ts a shame old machines hold creative ideas, so I'm glad the new generation of consoles is here to help solve the gap between PC and consoles.

Also the game runs great at high FPS even in modest machines. That's always a good thing.

Are there reasons for a bit of disappointment? Yes

If you are a Souls fan you must play the game, and you are going to enjoy it? Pretty sure.

Scarecrow

Insider
Yep you guys right i should give a try at the very least before judging based on that video, but still can not take myself from pissed off of the game damn !
And as a reply, that much light in terms of atmosphere and surprises definitly would have been breaking and shitting up immersion and tension no one can deny that I think, you have seen lthat you would not even in need of litting yoru torch since indoors have no darkness at all, even at the peak of showing the enemy to you which is a bummer ! I wanted to mention these for those who can only be objective though ! :p

And lets forget everything what could you say about ring of protection which saves all of your items, souls whatnut and only costs 3k ! If this not a game breaker nothing would be unfortunately. By this you would never live any fear, no risk and therefore no fun eventually.

I'm not here to humiliate this game since I for one was one of the most hyping guy for this game back then, just wanted to share my grief, since DS2 had the chance to be a superior successor to Souls series.
Yeah you are right, these things does indeed matter. I just don't want people to miss out on the game based on the stuff in the video. I am a bit biased as well, I have been a souls fan since Demon's Souls. If the things mentioned in the video had been included, the way it should've been, then it would've undoubtedly made it a better game. The ring of protection is also broken, i know. But as you said, you should give it a go yourselves. Especially if you are a souls fan like me. This one doesn't dissapoint imo.

Komuflage

Insider
Hmm ok so I had to watch it, and sure, the atmosphere have taken a major hit in the final release. But really I don't mind so much, I wouldn't have thought of it if not pointed out by the video, and while the torches was a nice idea, very few modern games actually have real dark areas. Also, honestly I was disappointed in Dark souls 1 when it was released, but I still love it and have had a great time with it, and Dark souls 2 was disappointing to in some aspects, but I still love the game. So I guess, why bother, most games looks way better in the trailers anyways.

Dark Souls proper was so new to me, bringing such a level challenge and obscurity, I fell in love instantly. It wasn't until having already completed the game that I began to see it for what it is: a colossal puzzle. What dissapointed me the most about DkS2 was the atmosphere; that is, the characters, and the frequency you find them. While it was definitely alluring graphically, and even lore wise, the story and sub-plots I feel were sub par with the original. The PVP was vastly improved upon from the original, my only complaint in that department is they ramped up the amount of fantasy as far as the weapons and armor go, even further than what the original had. All in all, glad I played it, but in the end, it just wasn't DkS1. Not by a long shot. Still very much fun though.

Parco

i think they should remake ds1. give it better graphics, add the combat from ds2 (but keep the kicking), optimize it better and have a proper pc release with keyboard icons on the interface and more graphical options. i would gladly pay for it again if they did that.

As would I, but only if they implemented an anti-cheat system worth a damn. I completely loathed the backhand in DkS2 replacing the kick. Ugh. All they needed to do was make the kick useful in PvP, and keep it. Not everything needs to be changed From! I will say this though, favorite moment in DkS2, meeting Tark. I died a little on the inside (in a good way, of course).

Parco

ah tark yes, when i met him it was him that died a little on the inside :p first thing i did when i saw him was jumping down doing the jump attack thinking he was an enemy

Komuflage

Insider
All they needed to do was make the kick useful in PvP, and keep it. Not everything needs to be changed From!
While I see where you're coming from, and I agree to some extend, I'm actually glad they changed it.
When I first got Dks1 I was quite disappointed since I thought It was inferior to DS, and when I got Dks2 I thought it was inferior to Dks1. But after playing all the titles quite a lot, they've all grown on me and I now enjoy them all to very much. I actually like that they changed so much since now all three titles are very different experience, while they still all share the core of the Souls game. Instead of having 1 defenite game, you get 3 amazing games with their own pros and cons

LOL, funny too, that he even mentions being mistaken for somethin' nasty. I really wish DkS2 captured the same feel that the original had for me. I logged over 8-900 hours on the original, played the second one through two playthroughs, couldn't go back. :(

Potres

Supporter
Hi, guys!

I'm glad to see that so many of you here like the Dark Souls series and I decided to share some experience, too.
For all of you playing DS2 on PC the GeDoSaTo tool is a must-have. It makes the game much more beautiful and it has lots of options for customisation. The developer has been working on such a tool since DS1 (or maybe since before that, I'm not sure). For DS1 it was called DSfix and can be found on the same blog, for those interested.
Further, since the game can hardly be called 'optimised' for the PC, it's best played with a gamepad. But it doesn't natively support all gamepads. There is a solution for this, too. The x360ce emulator turns even my low budget HAMA Blackforce gamepad into what it's meant to be. Even the vibration works!

Hope someone finds this useful. Cheers!

Komuflage

Insider
LOL, funny too, that he even mentions being mistaken for somethin' nasty. I really wish DkS2 captured the same feel that the original had for me. I logged over 8-900 hours on the original, played the second one through two playthroughs, couldn't go back. :(
That's "exactly" how I felt going from DS to Dks :)
I too had hundred of hours game time with DS when I got Dks, then I played Dks for 2-3 playtroughs before putting it on the shelf. Then Ptd was released and I was hooked with Dks for quite a while. :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.