Thoughts and Ideas General

Parco

i agree the more control the player has the better, within reason ofc. suggestions like 2 handing a 1 handed weapon and being able to both do stabs and over head swings instead of just 1 of them depending which weapon you are using have already been mentioned. using a 2 handed sword for example with just one hand would give you longer reach and freeing up the other hand, but at the cost of longer recovery/ready timer and possible less impact dmg. stabbing with a weapon like a mace for example would be a good way to push opponents away / quickly hit them if there is an opening in their defense but probably wont do much dmg.
i dont remember if the devs have commented on what their thoughts are about this yet, but i wont mind if how it is now is how it will be in the final release, the current combat is already really good in my opinion.

Cymodai

Insider
I noticed that because this production is so brilliant that hardcoding the smart thing to do detracts from having the fun of swinging the 2 handed weapon with 1 hand which is not forbidden by any law of physics, even if you detract from your combat performance.
I mean it could be great to try and feel that you won a great advantage with your big shield and 2 handed sword, then you get a near death experience and get the "ok this was fun but silly lets fight properly" instead of the game automatically taking the sword of your hand the moment you put a shield in your other hand.

Vold

Insider
I would like to see the following in combat:
  • A variety of statuses that trigger relative to the part of the body, physics of the impact and health/toughness bar (Cripple, Bleed, Stun, Disorient, Fracture,...), and also devastating hits (Eviscerate, Mutilate, Decapitate, Crush).
  • Different combat stances.
  • Disarming.
  • Weapon swapping.
  • Alternative combat endings (Submission, Unconsciousness, Death).
I may be asking too much... the combat is already fantastic.

Last edited:
I like the idea of defeated enemies possibly doing something besides just dropping dead. For example if the "killing blow" lands on a leg they could collapse and drop their weapon and try to crawl away with their arms to be finished off or left to bleed out, or enough force with the right weapon could sever a limb entirely. Could add a ton of personality to multi-foe fights as some are struggling to escape while the rest fight on.

On the same subject, has anyone else noticed that enemies killed without much momentum in any direction tend to slump down in place and get stuck in a silly looking "face down, ass up" pose on the ground? With persistent corpses it could make for some funny scenes to stumble back onto hours later. :D

Hi, just started testing since combat beta and im happy to report that i havent landed a single hit on the enemy on my first 7 mins, but i like this concept so much that i dont care about and having a good laugh at me.

But I would like to suggest that being a game with such a pure and beatiful genepool, dont limitate any option, just put the player in charge of the compromises. Im seeing that as soon as i equipe a 2 handed weapon, it works like that automatically, let the player choose, even at the loss of effectiveness.

Thanks for not putting numbers on damage or weight for the weapons, its the way to go.
ah a good ol RPG with no number crunching makes me happy

Had a thought, have the devs been enjoying any games lately?
I suppose they play their game a fair amount but has anything (new and old) recently caught their attention?

Vold

Insider
Or to drop your weapon if you're in trouble, the enemy might spare you ! Or just blow your head.
I'd like to see a defeat form, other than death. Since there is a health/endurance system, if your endurance is depleted, instead of dying, you may fall unconcious and then the enemy may decide to spare your life or deal a finishing blow.
It would be more than just a nice touch, it could have implications in the dynamic story system (vengeance, etc...), and also roleplay.

Last edited:

Oona

Insider
I would love for our character to be able to push/pull.

It would make interacting with objects (and enemies!) funner! Say if you hold the push button for a while and then release, it's a powerful push, and if you just tap it it's a quick/gentle one.

Same for pull, if you pull something too hard and it's a light object, it will fling backwards, but if you just tap you'll just pull it gently towards you, unless it's a heavy object that needs a strong pull then it will be too weak to do anything.

It sounds like it's great for decorating. :p But honestly I think since SG isn't a game that encourages you to fight everything in sight (cuz you'll die), I would like to run and shove enemies if I don't feel like/don't have the weapons/health to fight them, in order to evade them better. Right now evading enemies is actually quite difficult unless you manage to sneak pass them.

I think I remember shoving was going to be an option but I'm not sure if it was for evasion or something you can just do in combat.

PapaHet

I have an idea, how to raise the rating, popularity of the game. Many people here have seen and know that other companies played keys on tests of their games on different saychtah like igromania.. So as you can do these things and developers Gui Generis, it will attract more people to the game.:)

PapaHet

Oh, and there is a move-petition can be done to ensure that developers have released an alpha version of a shared, so that the people could appreciate. Maybe that's sharp and generous step, but the video and screenshots can not eat, it will draw attention to the game

PapaHet

What exactly are you suggesting @PapaHet? There is currently an alpha and combat beta available so I don't think a petition is necessary.
then I may not be aware of, because I do not know how to get it. As I understand it, you need to pay $ 60 for admission to the test, but for me it is a lot of money. Or there is some way to try the game now?

Vold

Insider
20£ - Beta access: Combat Beta (available), Exanima Beta (soon), Sui Generis Beta (near future).
40£ - Alpha & Beta access: Combat Alpha (available), Combat Beta, Exanima Alpha (available), Exanima Beta, Sui Generis Alpha (near future), Sui Generis Beta.

Check out the donation tiers.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.