Witcher 3 Recap Video

Fawz

Insider
The Witcher series is a really great one and the 3rd game is looking like it'll be the best entry yet. The video recap was pretty good, if a little brief.

Scarecrow

Insider
The Witcher series tells some pretty great stories, and im sure the third game will be no different from the other two in this regard. But my god, I really hope the combat system has gotten a pretty massive overhaul. To me, the combat has been such a weak point that it has kept me from completing the games, no matter how good the world and story was. From what i've seen, the combat looks better in the third instalment, though I remain sceptical as to how it actually plays.

Komuflage

Insider
The Witcher series tells some pretty great stories, and im sure the third game will be no different from the other two in this regard. But my god, I really hope the combat system has gotten a pretty massive overhaul. To me, the combat has been such a weak point that it has kept me from completing the games, no matter how good the world and story was. From what i've seen, the combat looks better in the third instalment, though I remain sceptical as to how it actually plays.
This is a big concern for me as well. I really tried to like the witcher 2 since I'm very interested in the story and lore, but as soon as there was some combat the game just felt so dull, and there is quite a lot of combat in The witcher 2. (Didn't play much Witcher 1 since the combat was so horrible I couldn't stand it for long) I've kept myself from reading or watching videos of the Witcher 3, so avoid spoiler and hype, and I'll probably buy it straight away when it comes out but I really hope the combat is improved or I fear it will just be another game in the shelf that never gets played.

Tony

Insider
Well, the press has been playing preview builds of TW3 and so far most people have mentioned the combat is vastly improved. No more being locked into animations like in the first two games; one button press = one animation/move. And you will no longer automatically do huge leaps towards a target to close the distance when you attack. Basically they've given the player much more control over the character and have added more options and maneuvers.

Murf

Enjoy the Witcher series as well. The story,music and gfx have always been stellar, look fwd to number 3.

I suck at games so combat being poor is not an issue, I still suck at them lol. Just enjoy playing them.

RobG

Insider
I enjoyed the first Witcher game to a degree, I really liked the crafting system they had and the story line was great. I didn't like that so many npc's had the same head though, I found the second one really awkward actually and didn't play it for long, gonna be waiting for reviews and gameplay videos before I decide I think.

*edit* oh that is a gameplay video xD

Tony

Insider
I enjoyed the first Witcher game to a degree, I really liked the crafting system they had and the story line was great. I didn't like that so many npc's had the same head though, I found the second one really awkward actually and didn't play it for long, gonna be waiting for reviews and gameplay videos before I decide I think.

*edit* oh that is a gameplay video xD
Correct, it's in-game footage with a narrator explaining how things work. There's also several more videos of direct gameplay on Youtube (over an hours worth) and reviews on the game since the developers let reviewers play the full game for several days straight. Quite a bit of information is available ;).

Correct, it's in-game footage with a narrator explaining how things work. There's also several more videos of direct gameplay on Youtube (over an hours worth) and reviews on the game since the developers let reviewers play the full game for several days straight. Quite a bit of information is available ;).
That is crazy admirable, never really followed CDR much but I played Witcher 1 and 2 (admittedly, I did not enjoy 1). Whenever I hear of a review embargo, I just don't see how people can't be turned off.

RobG

Insider
I will certainly check it out properly, however I am always very suspicious of AAA games (and all games actually) these days, its no fun spending a chunk of cash on something rushed or all style no substance. I've been burned enough times now with bullshit games I never actually end up playing. So glad BM actually seem to be amongst the few devs with integrity and actually living up to their kickstarter promises, evolving the RPG genre to something new and exciting. Its gonna take something very special to divert my attentions from exanima at present...

Scarecrow

Insider
I have actually been looking at a lot of story recap videos and the likes for the Witcher series as of late. To my surprise, after deciding to watch gameplay videos and such, im very hyped for this game. I love the Witcher series for its story, and emphasis on player choice. However, as stated above, the combat kept me away from completing them. Now that the third instalments look to have improved on the combat pretty drastically, the game is closing on what is the perfect RPG for me. Deep story and lore? You make choices which have consquences? Mature and grim setting? Good combat? Its pretty much spot on it seems.

I wont know until I play it of course, but I've got high hopes for this one. After a bit of a let down from Bloodborne, im hoping this will keep me occupied and genuinly excited through the game.

Hemectu

Insider
The story is definitely amazing.
I tried my best but could not make it through the first game. Loved Witcher 2 though! :D

Scarecrow

Insider
I cant fucking contain the hype much longer... God damn all those spoiler videos out there, like tempting mistresses. May 19th can not come soon enough.

Scarecrow

Insider
Is it spoiler free @Tony ? I dare not watch it without knowing :eek:

Also, what difficulty are you guys planning on playing? I think there are 4 difficulties. Thinking of playing on the second highest (Hard i guess?) but I'm uncertain as to just how difficult/easy that is.

Tony

Insider
Is it spoiler free @Tony ? I dare not watch it without knowing :eek:

Also, what difficulty are you guys planning on playing? I think there are 4 difficulties. Thinking of playing on the second highest (Hard i guess?) but I'm uncertain as to just how difficult/easy that is.
It is spoiler free since it's a CGI trailer and not actual in-game footage (safe to watch).

I'll likely start on hard as well. Should be a good challenge while trying to get the hang of things and learn the mechanics :).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.