Is cutting a thing?

schill

Insider
Swords work best when they are using in a cutting motion.
I know i can hack my opponent with my sword by just swinging the sword and hope it connects with my opponent.
You dont hack meat you cut it.

But does it do any damage in a cut my opponent?

Tony

Insider
Yes, swords do slashing damage and draw cuts will also do damage depending on if the opponent is armored or not.

schill

Insider
Good, but i tried a couple matches in the arena (the first two are excellent opponents) with sword and shield to see if i could hurt my opponent whit a cutting motion. I did get some results when i let my sword "slide" over my opponent after we had locked in and nothing seemed to happen.
But i could slash my opponent with the tip of my sword numerous times and to visible damage.

Holy.Death

Insider
I was able to hit enemy's throat with a tip of my short sword on one occasion. Blood was everywhere. Basically slashing weapons deal more damage without requiring a lot of force behind them, unlike the impact weapons. That's why swords work well with a shield: you can stay relatively on target (important when you have to block), do quick attacks and keep your guard up.

JoshWaldron

Insider
A couple years ago I think now Madoc commented on the 2H starter sword in the combat beta (the old rusty one) remarking that because it was an old rusty sword you shouldn't expect it to be very sharp or do much slashing damage- to think of it almost more as long metal bar. That tells me that the condition of the weapon is a huge factor as to it's cutting power.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Which is very reasonable. Keeping an edge sharp requires good and regular care; also a sheathe to protect it while carrying it around. Blunt weapons dont have that problem.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.