Exanima 0.4.4 Beta

Madoc

Project Lead
So, we're going to Steam tomorrow and we wanted to do another quick beta test before releasing. This version is pretty much what will be released tomorrow besides some minor cosmetic problems we're hoping to still solve. By playing it now and reporting any major issues you encounter you can help us achieve a smooth release.

The most significant change in this version is randomised loot. Remember all those empty chests? They're not empty anymore, and there's a bunch of new ones. We've tried to design a solid and flexible randomisation system, it should provide a varied but balanced loot system and have various specific applications. The key features of the randomisation system are:

• Promotes variety in items found

• Independent control for likelihood and frequency of specific items

• Provides a consistent amount of higher end items

• Randomised locations for mandatory items​

It's quite a powerful system and its behaviour is largely down to the parameters given to it. This is our first time using it so hopefully we did okay.

Changes in this version also include:

• Improved character texture quality

• Some new items

• Changes to apparel interactions

• Numerous small changes to content (WIP)

• Various fixed and tweaks​

Account page link.

I'll give it a go for an hour or so. Then off to bed since it's 1AM...

Thumbs up for me managing to glimpse through the forum at 1AM though.

Murf

Congrats! Good luck. sucks I gotta go out of town for a week damnit! (should be in bed right now actually ;) )

Murf

@Madoc Damn you damn you damn you! I am supposed to be catching a flight in a few hours and should be sleeping but nooooooooo I had to play the latest content. and it rocks man. Great job, the colors really pop, the Loot adds a nice level to the game, I had not even unlocked the first door(s) on level 1 and already had a leather vest and leather cap, nice indeed. Now I have to be gone and won't be able to play (will only have a android tablet with me.) So, early congrats on releasing on Steam in a few hours!!

Love this :)

tiny lampe

Insider
Will the keys be randomized too? :)
So far they aren't. Madoc said in a streaming last night that they don't want to randomize everything. He also said that they haven't taken full advantage of the randomization system yet and that the location of more things will be randomized. This may include the location of some keys in the future.

burgzaza

Insider
I played just half an hour, and it's really cool to look for gear inside the chests :)

I think I got the "slow motion torch" bug, while fighting with torch in the right hand and the barrel-lid shield.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Finished the 'campaign' once. It's really cool, collected a whole set of pink clothing. Going to have a fashion show haha

There is a lot of variety and its fun to open chests. Some nice looking gambesons. It's great.
Only concern for me is things being too easy with getting good items at start. Though its probably ok and it won't matter much later on anyway.

NewsMuffin

Insider
It's a shame that waist coats don't stack with pauldrons anymore, or breastplates, but it is nice that you can put tunics on under them. However, I did find the red waist coat from the novice arena in one of the chests in the third area, and that does stack with armor how it used to.

I still have never found a single key and I've been through all possible areas without unlocking any closed door..I spent too much time in the arena because I can pretty much slaughter any zombie without taking a single hit...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.