Active Damage While Running Bug

Iscandar

I've recently discovered a bug that allows the damage state of a weapon to remain active indefinitely. If you swing, reach the apex of the swing where it will deal full damage, then immediately right click to run, the damage state will remain active. This allows weapons to deal full damage simply by touching someone else while running. Once your character is hit or stops running, the damage state deactivates.

Video example:

Ahahaha Babyman goes clubbin, for some reason seeing a giant naked man charge someone with a sledge made me laugh pretty hard, on a side note, I SWEAR I've seen the AI do this to me too!, not quite a lengthy charge, but forward stepping without swinging and I somehow take a critical hit lol.

This is an issue, Even zombies have this bug. I was killed by the many times by zombies wielding axes and hammers just by trying to run past them after they've swung.

To be honest I have not experienced this ever, and all hits I received have been valid. I have also been playing for quite a while

Reactions: Guy
People see what they want to see, however you can clearly see in the video an exact demonstration on issues with the physics calculating damage improperly. likewise in the arena more times then I can count, a sword/mace barely brushes me while barely moving and I somehow take a sever critical. Further evidence can be seen with two-handed swords clearly moving fast and doing nothing more than pushing a target.

On average a sledge hammer weighs anywhere from 4 to 20 pounds with its mass focused on the head, whereas the two-handed sword weighs anywhere from 4 to 40 pounds (heavily dependent on type) with the AVERAGE being 10 to 20 pounds...all this considered I can't count how many times I've swung and raked a two-handed sword across an enemy and done nothing! (must have plate armor under that tunic?)

I'm still fairly clumsy with my controls so 90% of my swings are exaggerated, fast power swings so I find it extremely hard to believe I don't lob AI's legs or head off constantly, and on the subject, I also can't see a zombie blocking a 10 to 20 pound sword that is heavily swung with his wooden chair leg (or even a small wooden buckler), so there are issues with blocking as well.

If you still need more proof do what the thread starter did in his video, both without swinging, and after performing the swing+run as he mentions.

I bumper car AI's all the time (not after swinging) and rarely even push them down, let alone clobber them accidentally, alternatively the AI swings at me frequently, so when I bumper car them after a swing (like how boxers hug to prevent hits) I take a magical critical hit from a weapon that can't be swung (due to the hug).

And please don't misunderstand, I'm not bashing the game, I just want to see it get even better!

Idk, but I feel like this is happening to me sometimes when I brush past an enemy to escape or when I try to run them over, Their weapon just does contact damage even if it isn't the heavy or sharp parts

I have never received contact damage by being tapped, to be honest. That may also be because I don't run into people all the time.

Iscandar

I reported this in the insider section already http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/0-5-2-right-click-exploit-2.2335/ didn't know the AI could do it as well though.

You can also use it to bitch slap people
Impossible for a peasant to know the inner workings of the royal family.

...Also, I can describe exactly what's happening with less room for interpretation since some seem to have misread. I'm not sure exactly how the physics and procedural generation technology change the terminology for common game mechanics though I'll give it a shot.

As I understand it, when a swing occurs, the weapon's damage tracers are activated. Unlike other games however, damage is applied based on how much force is applied on a certain area, which causes hits to generally fall under 4 phases: no damage, light damage (mainly nonlethal), medium damage (balance between lethal and non), and fatal damage (extremely high damage lethal damage). These are indicated by differing sound cues and gore fx.

What I did was attack with the hammer, which activated the damage tracing phase of the weapon. However, by immediately right clicking to run as the swing was about to reach its highest potential damaging point, I locked the damage tracing phase in place on the weapon. Weapons are not supposed to deal any damage unless the damage phase is activated by an attack, and the damage phase is supposed to deactivate once the attack either successfully hits and deals damage or the animation is completed. Because the damage state can become locked while running, the game thinks my weapon is perpetually in the attack phase, which allows any weapon used by any character (even NPCs) to cause full damage merely by touch. So in easy terms, attacking then right clicking to run turns the weapon into a one-hit-only lightsaber.

I wish I could be an insider to give more direct feedback though I seem to have missed the boat on that one.

Last edited:

Vold

Insider
Your logic would be right, if there was such a thing as a damage on/off switch linked to attack command; but I am pretty sure this is not the case. A weapon, regardless of the attack command can deal damage if being wielded and hits an objective in certain location with certain speed.

The only thing that the attack command does, is adding speed to the weapon due to the movement of the arm/weapon which can be increased further rotating the torso or running (as you can see in Pilluminati's video).

Last edited:
Your logic would be right, if there was such a thing as a damage on/off switch linked to attack command; but I am pretty sure this is not the case. A weapon, regardless of the attack command can deal damage if being wielded and hits an objective in certain location with certain speed.

The only thing that the attack command does, is adding speed to the weapon due to the movement of the arm/weapon which can be increased further rotating the torso or running (as you can see in Pilluminati's video).
So, what we need to do is, more testing. Do we have a control? Just run into someone withourt swinging beforehand. and perhaps we take a weapon that is sharp, get it on a table, get it stuck so I doesn't move and run into it. If it does damage, I should stop trying to run people over to knock them down for a cheap hit, and this glitch isn't a glitch.

Parco

already tested this a while back, it do seem like the weapon does have a on/off state on its dmg mode. currently you shouldnt be able to dmg someone by running into them with your weapon, they dont take dmg at all even if its a sledgehammer thats slammed into their face, but with the glitch;

Elaxter

Insider
This is a cool bug mainly because it should be an attack! I want to be able to charge with my weapon and gut someone.

Reactions: Guy

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.