Dark Souls 3

Scarecrow

Insider
Nice, i didnt know Dark Souls 3 was on the way already. Though I suspect that it will be from the same team that made Dark Souls 2. Not an issue for me, I rather enjoyed Dark Souls 2. More so than BloodBorne at any rate.

I'll try not to let the hype get to me this time, but the Souls series is definitively one of my favorite franchises so I am looking forward to it.

Apparently Hidetaka Miyazaki is handling Dark Souls 3. He was Director on Demon's Souls and Bloodborne so there's that. I quite enjoyed all of the Souls so far (no PS4, so no Bloodborne) but Demon's Souls was my favorite. It'll be interesting to see what they can manage without a last-gen console in the mix.

RobG

Insider
My brother is a super fan he will be stoked on this, I really love darksouls 1 but didn't get the second, as my bro wasn't too happy with it for whatever reason and I trusted his superfan expert judgement.

Scarecrow

Insider
Dark Souls 2 wasnt as good as the Dark Souls, but still a good game. You're missing out Rob. Dark Souls 2 had some serrious PvP problems, with weird hit boxes, poise being butchered, and one shot Hexes... But the PvE aspect of it was really cool.

And I agree with you TwoPump, Demon's Souls was the coolest one. Hidetaka Miyazaki handling DS3 is also very good news.

RobG

Insider
Thanks for the tip dude I will probably pick it up because you said that, I know my brother loved the pvp in the first one so maybe that coloured his opinion, I personally loved the first one for the PVE and did everything possible to avoid actually fighting another player haha.

Thanks for the tip dude I will probably pick it up because you said that, I know my brother loved the pvp in the first one so maybe that coloured his opinion, I personally loved the first one for the PVE and did everything possible to avoid actually fighting another player haha.
PvE is definitely a different beast in Dark Souls 2 however that's never been my motivation to play the series. The unique co-op experience amazed me in the first game and with the recent expansion, it really is an experience like no other. 6 player online with at least 2 hostile invaders thanks to Scholar of the First Sin. That is downright fun as hell when you got some friends together for a night of ganking.

RobG

Insider
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the pvp in the first one the problem was I was kinda late to the party so encounters with other players usually spelled death for me. I remember this one guy dressed up like Havel stood perfectly still I was like wtf why is Havel here...walked right over to him... smash in the head. I might have been angry if it wasn't so hilarious.

If you get Scholar of the First Sin, we should summon each other. I can't remember my progress but it shouldn't be too far from a new game.
Steam ID is same as here, twopumpwarrior

BrecMadak

Insider
Well ever since I learned that Miyazaki is directly behind the team and level design I'm super hyped as well since none of Miyazaki project has ever dissapointed his fans yet, otherwise I wouldn't even care if it was made by same team of DS2.

And just watched VaatiVadya's first impressions video and those who are excited should watch; this tuber stands out among all others for his very own commentary and analysistic approach;

Last edited:
All hail miyazaki. lets hope he can do it again. he did it in demons souls and bloodborne...

You might all butcher me, but i hated dark souls 2.
dark souls 1 set the bar so high that its very very hard for another game to reach that point for me.

Scarecrow

Insider
I dont quite understand all the bash Dark Souls 2 is getting to be honest. I enjoyed it very much, only the pvp got butchered. Dark Souls 1 was a better game sure (both pve and pvp), but PVP got destroyed there too after a while. The "Artorias of the Abyss" dlc was the nail in the coffin for the pvp imo. With the introduction of Dark magic, and just way too many "Giant Dad's" everywhere.

El Maco

Insider
To me personally, Bloodborne's "comic style" combat was a huge disappointment. Especially after getting used to Exanima it was kinda hard to get into the hack-and-slash state of mind. They made some other game design choices that I'm not a fan of either (blood vial farming, etc). However, the game makes up for its shortcomings with the stunning visual quality. The dark gothic world is ridiculously detailed and so beautifully crafted it just screams to be explored. Most of the monsters are also creative and interesting, just like you would expect from Miyazaki. That's basically what keeps me playing.

Overall I'm not super hyped about Dark Souls 3 but its still probably a day 1 purchase. Dark Souls 1 is still my favorite game of all time so I think they can afford a few mistakes here and there and it still should be a solid title.

El Maco

Insider
New trailer
The bits of the gameplay that are shwon look an awful lot bloodborne-y. My hype levels are actually dropping quite a bit after watching this...

Iscandar

Not a fan of Dark Souls games. There's always some meta that's super gimmicky and exploitable and everyone I've played against had a horrible connection so hits would never confirm.

Scarecrow

Insider
New trailer
The bits of the gameplay that are shwon look an awful lot bloodborne-y. My hype levels are actually dropping quite a bit after watching this...
I definitively don't have a problem with gameplay looking bloodborne-y. Although I personally was dissapointed with BB, it wasn't because of gameplay reasons. I actually liked the gameplay quite a lot.

I'm looking forward to Dark Souls 3, but I will wait a while longer before judging it. We didn't actually learn or see much from that trailer, but I'm going to keep my eye out for more news from Gamescom.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.