This is the best game I have ever played. Though it's missing one element...

theonciest

Playing with my best friends! :D

When are you guys planning on adding multiplayer? Will it just be added to Sui Generis, or are you expanding on Exanima? I seriously can't wait, what every you guys choose, if there's anything I can do to support it. I'm an artist capable of anything and everything, don't know how far I could bring you guys though in terms of work. If you need it, I'm in! Could free up some extra hands to work on multiplayer... ;)

Don Kanaille

Insider
Glad you´re enjoying yourself :)

The official "features to come" - list as found on the Steam page (first one already partially in):

• Per session and global character skill progression
  • Large non-linear main game following early content
  • Build and permanently save characters by completing early content
  • New encounters, items and environments
  • Ranged combat and new close quarter manoeuvres
  • Numerous moddable thaumaturgic powers
  • More complete arena game modes featuring outdoor arenas
  • Complex NPC interactions and dialogue
  • Cooperative and competitive LAN multiplayer

zhuliks

Insider
I guess lan was chisen to minimase lags, which us a big issue in physics based melee fighting, so using 3rd party software to play proper multiplayer while only lan is supported would probably be laggy and infuriating.

Vold

Insider
From what I have read, stuff like hamachi or evolve (I asume that it's like hamachi), may be chaotic, due to the nature of the game. Most games know exactly whats gonna happen before it happens so the information can be delayed and everything will be just fine, but in exanima it is different. So, a delay may create a butterfly effect changing dramatically the outcome of a battle (this is what I have understood from what I have read, not necessarily how it works exactly). Thats why low latency is so important and reason why WAN multiplayer is tricky. So, evolve will probably work, but it will chaotic.

Last edited:

zhuliks

Insider
It's planned to natively support IP to IP connections in Exanima so Hamachi and/or Evolve would just make it worse (they tend to increase latency a bit).
Not just that, planned lan multiplayer means there wont be(possible) much compensation for inevedable lag (if played from afar). So I imagine game would be unplayable/hilarious/crashing or all of the above when tried through hamachi and alike.

Tony

Insider
Not just that, planned lan multiplayer means there wont be(possible) much compensation for inevedable lag (if played from afar). So I imagine game would be unplayable/hilarious/crashing or all of the above when tried through hamachi and alike.
This is part of the optimizations Madoc is going to attempt. He wants it to be possible to play from afar but just doesn't think it'll be possible once latency is too high. Say you're in the same country and have a 20 ms ping to each other? Yes, you'll probably be able to play online together with an IP to IP connection. However, try the same thing to someone overseas who has a 200+ ms ping? Not likely to ever happen due to game breaking issues like you've mentioned.

The reason he only mentions LAN gameplay is because he knows for sure that'll have low latency and work. He doesn't yet know how well he'll be able to optimize online play so he doesn't want to promise it as a feature.

Tony

Insider
glad to see activity here and posts . Been quiet on game info over at KS.
The devs use their official forum for discussions and the Kickstarter page is usually only updated with reports when significant progress had been made. It's very likely they'll make an announcement on the KS page in a few days once the upcoming Steam patch is released since it contains a massive amount of changes/improvements.

Last edited:

Vaihuite

Insider
Incredible game, I have finish and clear level 4. the felling is good, gold, beautifull sound, perfect immersive.

I thinks the portal is darkness like in berserk. Sir is a good challenge and fear is coming.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.