Character stops running after grazing walls

Satorii

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

When you're going full sprint or just plain old jogging, and you graze a wall or corner even just slightly, your character sometimes just stops, dead in their tracks! I'm talking full stop even as you try to move using the mouse both in and out of combat mode, or the navigation keys while out of combat mode. The only way to nudge your character out of it would be to go into combat mode and then use the navigation keys.

It's perfectly understandable that the character would stop running, or better yet, trip, when their foot or weight is on the wall/corner like this:

character--> O| <--wall

or

character-->
O⌐ <--corner
But not when they just graze it as they pass and/or bounce off in a position where they aren't even touching the wall, like this:

character--> O | <--wall

or

character-->
O ⌐ <--corner

... which is what happens most of the time when I'm bolting as fast as all hell down a passageway and I cut across a corner, or swerve to dodge a bench. The larger issue still remains: when the character stops moving, no other navigation command can nudge them out of their stupor except the movement keys in combat mode. They just stand there until you do that.

Certainly made for some interesting-- but avoidable-- moments when it happened to me. And by interesting, I meant lots of owies. And boo-boos. I almost forgot about the boo-boos.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

When you're going full sprint or just plain old jogging, and you graze a wall or corner even just slightly, your character sometimes just stops, dead in their tracks! I'm talking full stop even as you try to move using the mouse both in and out of combat mode, or the navigation keys while out of combat mode. The only way to nudge your character out of it would be to go into combat mode and then use the navigation keys.

It's perfectly understandable that the character would stop running, or better yet, trip, when their foot or weight is on the wall/corner like this:

character--> O| <--wall

or

character-->
O⌐ <--corner
But not when they just graze it as they pass and/or bounce off in a position where they aren't even touching the wall, like this:

character--> O | <--wall

or

character-->
O ⌐ <--corner

... which is what happens most of the time when I'm bolting as fast as all hell down a passageway and I cut across a corner, or swerve to dodge a bench. The larger issue still remains: when the character stops moving, no other navigation command can nudge them out of their stupor except the movement keys in combat mode. They just stand there until you do that.

Certainly made for some interesting-- but avoidable-- moments when it happened to me. And by interesting, I meant lots of owies. And boo-boos. I almost forgot about the boo-boos.
Yeah it happens. Probably related to how the movement works. I bet they would've fixed it if it was an easy fix.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.