Arena mode monsters

Magus

The current arena battle choices need a rework. AI tier shouldn't be tied to the battles, it should be a player option or something. it would be nice to set it on master and play all game modes, specially 2v2 and 3v3. Our hirelings skill level could not be tied to their AI tier.

Add fights against monsters. They already exist in the main game, why not? Use it to test the combat balance against them as well.

CharliePow

I'd personally love some kind of Horde mode tied in to the Arena. I want to be able to test my mettle against 10+ ghouls (from the early levels of Story Mode)

I'm sure it would be beneficial for testing purposes as well - to see how many entities are viable on many different computers.

Tyon

Not sure what you're suggesting, there are 2v2 and 3v3 matches for master tier, do you mean choosing the gear level? That wouldn't really make much sense, why would an Adept level fighter have Master tier armor and weapons? Also, the tier level increases as your hirelings train more skills, generally if you have more skills trained you can do more things with your weapon and armor therefore you can be considered more skilled.

The arena has it's own lore, and it's in the normal world, it wouldn't make sense for underworld monsters such as undead and Sir to be in the arena. However, there will be different monsters that you can fight in the arena mode, such as ogres.

Magus

I mean I want to play only against Master tier AI (of course my hirelings need to play on it too). The gear tier is cool I think, it's just that fighting on "easy" once you get used to it doesn't make much sense. Then my favorite modes are 2v2 and 3v3, so I would like to choose them instead of being so random.

I didn't know the arena had lore and all, thought it was more of a alternate game. I don't really mean bosses or anything, as that would spoil the campaign, more like zombies and other normal enemies. But even with lore, I think it's the best place to test combat mechanics against the monsters.

reido

Even if it's not lore friendly, I'd still like to see a boss endurance mode where you fight all of the bosses in the story mode without any breaks. It can unlock in the arena after you complete the main story mode and get a credits roll so there's no spoilers.
to be fair, arena isn't really lore friendly, entirely different world, so I would mind having monsters like sir in Arena.

Roryn

Insider
to be fair, arena isn't really lore friendly, entirely different world, so I would mind having monsters like sir in Arena.
I'd quite like to see some monsters in arena too. Also, I can't imagine how it does (yet), but I heard somewhere that the arena does in fact have its own lore.

Although, what makes you think that the arena is an entirely different world?

Tony

Insider
I'd quite like to see some monsters in arena too. Also, I can't imagine how it does (yet), but I heard somewhere that the arena does in fact have its own lore.

Although, what makes you think that the arena is an entirely different world?
Arena is lore friendly and it does take place in the same world. It simply takes place above ground and not in the Underworld (like the campaign does).

Vold

Insider
I'd rather see not see non-human enemies in the arena. I fear that it'd take away part of the fun of the campaign, which is discovering new creatures, figuring out their role in the lore, etc.
Although, I think that the arena needs more challenge, it's currently too easy. I'm hoping for new skills and AI improvements.

Tyon

I don't think any of the creatures that are in the dungeon will be in the arena, IIRC the ogres will be exclusive to the arena and not in the dungeon, so it will not be taking anything away from discovering creatures in the main game.

Deityfierezy

Insider
Arena is lore friendly and it does take place in the same world. It simply takes place above ground and not in the Underworld (like the campaign does).
Then we can see it in sui generis? perhaps an "in-game" arena like the one of oblivion?

sorry for my english.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.