I just cheated Permadeath!

MrApophos

Ok, so I was fighting with my arena character, suffered a near fatal blow, so I hammered ESC to forfiet, literally the same moment in spacetime that my character was hit on the return, full red bar death. I panicked.

I clicked Forteit, and was sent to Main Menu. I sighed, "not again..", clicked Arena, and found the Continue button available (I had only one character), so I clicked it, and Lo! Back in the arena, where I started my evening game session. No progress saved before I died, started back like I just sat down to play.

Weird?

Fawz

Insider
Yeah if you're quick you can forfeit right before loosing. There might be a bug there, it could be just feature abuse or also magic health pixel. Eitherway it's a minor exploit tbh.

MrApophos

The intention was to forfeit just before losing, but I swear the bar was full red, my character was dead. Can you explain why I was returned to main menu but then loaded back in with no progress of about ten fights before the death happened?

Parco

The intention was to forfeit just before losing, but I swear the bar was full red, my character was dead. Can you explain why I was returned to main menu but then loaded back in with no progress of about ten fights before the death happened?
you paused and forfeited before the game got to delete your savefile, the game registered you had died which is why you were sent to the main menu, the reason your progress was lost is because the game hadnt saved for a while, i dont know what is triggering saves in arena mode, i know esc does in adventure mode, but its probably disabled during fights since it wasnt saved when you forfeited. you probably managed to avoid the save triggers between those 10 fights, do you remember if you have pressed esc or visited the roster recently before dying?

MrApophos

Visited roster almost every fight, I rotate my main with my hirelings so we level up together. I rarely press ESC other than to fully quit, or, in this event because of "near" death. I guess this isn't uncommon then?

Parco

so roster doesnt save then, probably esc outside of fights or maybe you have to quit entirely to save. i havent lost as much as 10 fights before, but have lost some progress when the game have crashed or something like that, so loosing progress is probably not that uncommon when something like this happens.

MrApophos

Honestly, I was glad. Having lost my Arena master a few weeks back, I've been building back up gradually and would have been a bit gutted if I lost the game again.

Parco

haha, understand that feeling. i recently lost my old arena master as well, 6 hirelings, 1 recruit, all masters including main and all fully geared with mostly superior and better quality gear and 200+ leftover gold.
ogre will wreck you up good :D

Roryn

Insider
haha, understand that feeling. i recently lost my old arena master as well, 6 hirelings, 1 recruit, all masters including main and all fully geared with mostly superior and better quality gear and 200+ leftover gold.
ogre will wreck you up good :D
The exact same thing happened to me. Except it was 4 recruits and 3 hirelings. When it happened, I sorta just stared at the screen and said...

"...Well, no more Exanima for me!"

But then there was.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.