Thoughts and Ideas General

Roryn

Insider
I'd like to see an arena mode where you fight a horde of zombies/exanimates/undead/whatever-you-want-to-call-them, or perhaps one in which there's a few of those things that are caged and you can open as many cages as you want to fight however many at any time.

Although I know the arena has its own lore and stuff, maybe this wouldn't fit.. Still, I'd like that.

Roryn

Insider
Ok, another thing. I had a large log of names that listed all my deceased hirelings in the arena, and when I was trying to add another name (just two minutes ago at the time of writing this) I accidentally erased the whole entry.

This has made me realise that it's way too easy to delete journal entries! it only takes one unfortunate click. There definitely needs to be a confirmation button.

Oona

Insider
Omg you know what would be sick? A Half Life(ish) kind of world built with the Sui Generis engine. O. M. G. I want SG and all future BM stuff nooowww

HopeDIV

Insider
I think it would be way nicer (and more realistic) if caves in Sui Generis would be dark.
Considering that is Pre-alpha footage and how dark Exanima is, I would believe caves will follow suit.

On a different note I've been wondering in the next story levels in Exanima where going to use a cave tileset(Such as the above) before they decided to upgrade the Terrain system.

Jimmini

Insider
Considering that is Pre-alpha footage and how dark Exanima is, I would believe caves will follow suit.
I hope so, because:
a) It would make exploring caves much more thrilling, since:
a.a) You'd have to go very slow and be vigilant to:
a.a.a) Not stumble over traps
a.a.b) Not run into enemies
a.a.c) Not miss any goodies
a.b) It would be more exciting to suddenly find chests nearby, instead of seeing them form the other side of the screen already
a.c) You wouldn't have that much of an overview. It would basically be a labyrinth.
a.d) You don't know what may lurk in the dark...
b) The amazing atmosphere (everyone now please imagine the echoing sound of dripping water)
c) Darkness looks fucking gorgeous with this engine

I'm not sure if there should be music, though. But if there's anyone who is able to make me want one, it's Bethain.

Madoc

Project Lead
I think it would be way nicer (and more realistic) if caves in Sui Generis would be dark.

Indeed that's from our pre alpha footage, at the time our terrain system was very incomplete and didn't support proper lighting (the campfire was also just smouldering embers). We just recently completely redeveloped our terrain system to support all needed features, including all the advances that have been made since Exanima's first release.

Here's an early WIP screenshot (the shadows are a bit broken):

Here's a more recent screenshot of an environment using terrain features (this is outdoors and at night):

And finally a screenshot of an upcoming outdoor arena at night:

Jimmini

Insider
Indeed that's from our pre alpha footage, at the time our terrain system was very incomplete and didn't support proper lighting (the campfire was also just smouldering embers). We just recently completely redeveloped our terrain system to support all needed features, including all the advances that have been made since Exanima's first release.
Ah, I see. I thought it was supposed to be like that, as you had proper lighting and fire in some rooms already. But these screenshots of yours look absolutely fantastic! Great job with the lighting system! Also can't wait to see natural terrain in Exanima. I have been in a state of constant excitement since I got Exanima. (Now it's even worse.)

Deityfierezy

Insider

Here's an early WIP screenshot (the shadows are a bit broken):

Here's a more recent screenshot of an environment using terrain features (this is outdoors and at night):

And finally a screenshot of an upcoming outdoor arena at night:

It look so good, im afraid of the performance in my old andloyal pc. someway to look to the sky?
sorry for my english, keep the good work team

I can alredy imagine all the times Ill bump into npcs trying to scape from my chasers through narrow and crowded alleys, getting cornered and dying in a horribly stupid death.

Cant wait!!

I hope there will be a daylight outdoor arena map added, I've said this before but it's gotten to the point that I can't play for very long because all of the constant darkness. Once again it's fine for the campaign, but darkness in the arena to is just too much and it really bums me out after awhile.

Hiya, appreciate the great work you've been doing but could we see some tiny little bit of love for the practice arena? Some of us can't really commit the time to dungeon crawling or arena grinding and we just wanna quickly bash some skulls in at the end of a long work day.

Maybe an expanded weapon inventory and ideally have an opponent customisation menu where we can choose what to equip our opponents with or how many opponents we want to face(and also whether AI targeting is FFA or focused on the player?). I think the mechanics for this are already there, just requires some menu tweaking. Would love to go all Bruce Lee against multiple armed opponents lolol

Last edited:

Homiccus

I do have a suggestion regarding the combat system, if I may and with all due respect.
Adjustable controls. To be more specific, I would like to be able to choose which form of the basic attack (horizontal swing, vertical swing, thrust) is the default one, ie. activated by single click + hold.
The controls / key bindings are simple to learn (and difficult to master) as they are but, to tell the truth, I find operating directional keys cumbersome when keeping alt button pressed at all times and since the primary method of attack with a dagger should be thrusting...

(And thank you for this wonderful, dark, grim and gritty adventure!)

Three possible variations:
- default setting: horizontal (click+hold), vertical (d.click+hold), thrust (alt+click+hold)
- overhead chop: vertical (click+hold), horizontal (d.click+hold), thrust (alt+click+hold)
- thrust: thrust (click+hold), vertical (d.click+hold), horizontal (alt+click+hold)
Either selectable through control settings or toggled / cycled with additional key.

Peasant135

How about moving the cloth shirt/pants to another layer? Because, I immagine , the padded gambeson was historically meant to be worn over the shirt not instead.

Last edited:

Homiccus

How about moving the cloth shirt/pants to another layer? Because, I immagine , the padded gambeson was historically meant to be worn over the shirt not instead.
Valid point. At the time of transitional harnesses and early full plate (let's say 14th - 15th c.) you'd use a linen shirt as underwear (together with braies and cale), then often a doublet/pourpoint to fasten your leg harness to (and help distribute the weight) and a padded gambeson (or arming jack) over all this.
Personally I wear gambesons without the shirt underneath because it's boiling hot (and my leg harness is tied straight to the jack)... But then again it was a bit colder 600 years ago than it is nowadays.

I was wondering, what is the meaning of Low Fantasy(as described by Bare Mettle) regarding Monsters?
Right now in the game we have

Different types of animated constructs
Thaumaturgy + Bones = Skeletons
Thaumaturgy + Armour = Armoured Golems

Different types of monstrosities
Thaumaturgy + Flesh/Body parts =
Sir
Thaumaturgy + Humans/bodies = Animated Undead

Humanoids
Ogres
Humans

Whats next?

Animals and their modifications by Thaumaturgy
Wolves, Bears, Boars, Dogs, Alligators, Bull/cattle, Deer, Snakes, Horses. Bats?

Insects (Made bigger) by Thaumaturgy
Spiders, Scorpions, Ants, Beetles, Wasps, Centipedes?

More constructs
Thaumaturgy + Stone Statue = Gargoyles?
Thaumaturgy + Trees = Treants?
Thaumaturgy + Animal parts = Quimeras?

Paranormal entities ( banished or summoned only with Thaumaturgy)
Ghosts, Wraiths, Wisps, Specters, Spirits.

Other Humanoids (We already have 'The Beast" so... maybe)
Trolls, Hags, Goblins, (no longer humans) like Sméagol.

Human curses
Vampirism, Lycanthropy, ( Vampires and werewolves)

Any other low fantasy monster that you want to hack in Exanima / Sui Genereris?

Last edited:

Peasant135

During some discussions on this forum there have been raised a question about how your character manges to wear random pieces or armor, probably made for different people, and still have them fit perfectly. I think in it would be benficial to include an option to pay for fitting a piece of armor for a particular character so it would have slightly less Encumbrance than generic armors of the same type. It would add a good bonus to immersion factor and more customization options for the player.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.