Gender diferences.

Syllabear3

Well by Syllabear's word they already act different, only slightly however. But in this game that would be impossible to balance out with the physics it uses.
What?

Even though realistic, gender should be an aesthetic choice only in video games IMO. Just look at how much flak the developer of Rimworld got for having the female characters act different than the male characters.
Well, this game is not that game.

There is no disablance since the game is already balanced towards body. Female would work better because there the strength (muscle) limit would be lower, which makes you faster.
I have made a proctor a bit more tall than normal and half muscles and its awesome how its working. So much that im asking why did i wasted my time like until now just for look of my characters.

Last edited:

Homiccus

Hello.
I'm new here.
Hi.

My tuppence is thus: I think Syllabear3 is right. The female actor should be balanced slightly more towards speed and agility rather than brute force. Reasons? Well, look at the best of the HMB fighters these days and see what they say. Take Galina Kohvakko for instance: "My guarantee of victory is speed and intelligence." Not strength. Even she can't really compete in men's buhurt, where your individual speed and agility mean almost nothing.

And before I got stomped on for being 'sexist'...
It's science. (cue spooky sounds)
Have a look...
- this one reeks of chauvinism but the tests were real and brought 'clichéd' results: http://www.sciencevsfeminism.com/the-myth-of-equality/sex-differences-physical-ability/
- official Her Majesty's Department for Work and Pensions Health and Safety Executive manual for handling weights in the workplace, pages eight and nine: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg143.pdf
- and last but not least - averages measured over 2 million lifts: http://strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press

(copy and paste if you wish)

Of course it is generalisation at its best.
Over.

All the best,
H.

Take Galina Kohvakko for instance: "My guarantee of victory is speed and intelligence." Not strength.
Sooo... You suggest to add Galina to the game? Well, you already can make intelligent and fast Galina Kohvakko (of course, she'll be as smart as your gaming skill, hehe)...
Why do you understand the whole scale of hero characteristics as "equalizer" of men and women? Why not as simple correlation between quality and quantity of biomass (muscles, fat, bones, etc.)?
As for Sylla's example in first post of this thread - he just keep that red line drawn by him while he plays women, that's all.
BTW in his "scaling" women are the fattest creatures, so how this would be explained by you from the scientific point, huh?

Isn't there a difference already? I have exclusively played female characters until recently when I made a male gladiator for the arena and to me it seems there is a noticeable difference in how hard I am able to hit, especially in pugilism. It might be my mind playing tricks on me though.

gugand

I can't notice a difference in combat. I can't say if the physical differences are well done. I know that women have shorter legs than men relating to the height. That should change a bit the animations, but i don't think it is noticeable.

Homiccus

Sooo... You suggest to add Galina to the game? Well, you already can make intelligent and fast Galina Kohvakko (of course, she'll be as smart as your gaming skill, hehe)...
Heh, well, I feel that having a barebreasted paperdoll of Galina in the game to play with is rather... improper. I do admire her mainly for skills and mettle. :p

Why do you understand the whole scale of hero characteristics as "equalizer" of men and women? Why not as simple correlation between quality and quantity of biomass (muscles, fat, bones, etc.)?
I don't know. I am perhaps conditioned by hordes of SJWs, feminists and politically correct forum trolls to see red whenever someone mentions 'gender' and 'equality' in the same sentence. I apologise if I came up too harsh.
Aanyway, I don't think BM is going for realism to such extent. I guess the physics engine itself would need to be tweaked to accomodate these subtle differences. For the time being we have to work the tools we're given and decide for ourselves what is and isn't correct.
All the best.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.