What's taking so long?

Midcal9

Most of Bare Mettle is working on finalizing the post portal level while Madoc is working on getting the dynamic balancer functioning under all conditions. Madoc was originally planning on helping the team finalize things in the post portal level to get the patch out sooner but after some internal testing concluded it was necessary to work on the movement balancer instead. These are the last two major things necessary for the patch to be publicly released (the other minor issues such as fleshing out the companion's behaviors, adding more dialogue, etc. can be polished after the patch goes public). I can only guess at how long it'll take based upon what Madoc has mentioned but I'm hesitant to do so since I don't want to give people false hopes.
It's ok, I like how many nice sounding, promise-promising words you can force into an IDK post. Look here fella, my time's limited since I'm 29, I don't, I can't enjoy games the same way I used to in the past, plzz hurry. Here is what I want; https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30714251_554070731658836_4110547649487175680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a4ba6e63b3efae9f44785993f783477d&oe=5B6BAA62

Tony

Insider
It's ok, I like how many nice sounding, promise-promising words you can force into an IDK post. Look here fella, my time's limited since I'm 29, I don't, I can't enjoy games the same way I used to in the past, plzz hurry. Here is what I want; https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30714251_554070731658836_4110547649487175680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a4ba6e63b3efae9f44785993f783477d&oe=5B6BAA62
Instead of answering your questions you wanted me to write a fantasy novel? o_O I'm not even sure where this is going anymore lol.

Midcal9

Instead of answering your questions you wanted me to write a fantasy novel? o_O I'm not even sure where this is going anymore lol.
You know where it's going, it's me telling you that a. time is short b. asking you what the fuck is actually going on over there and why does it take so long.

I have asked you two questions, what are you doing right now and how long will it take you to complete your tasks that you're working on. Instead, you went full zuckerberg on me.

So far, you seem to have hard time answering my specific questions with your specific answers. Why is it so hard for you?

Tony

Insider
You know where it's going, it's me telling you that a. time is short b. asking you what the fuck is actually going on over there and why does it take so long.

I have asked you two questions, what are you doing right now and how long will it take you to complete your tasks that you're working on. Instead, you went full zuckerberg on me.

So far, you seem to have hard time answering my specific questions with your specific answers. Why is it so hard for you?
Yet I did answer your questions... then you went full Jacob Riis on me.

Midcal9

Yet I did answer your questions... then you went full Jacob Riis on me.
And I've got nothing burger answer apart from "we aren't testing the new level yet" which actually hurt me, emotionally.

Tony, you hurt my feelings, how did it make you feel?

Roryn

Insider
Look here fella, my time's limited since I'm 29, I don't, I can't enjoy games the same way I used to in the past, plzz hurry.
Time may sometimes be required for personal change, but it is not the catalyst, young one.

In short, you'll be fine :p

Look here fella, my time's limited since I'm 29, I don't, I can't enjoy games the same way I used to in the past, plzz hurry.
I really do understand you. I was once worried that my time of gaming will dwindle through the years. Getting a full time Job, entering a relationship, having kids, etc. You are right!

However, as you might discover, it is the quality of the game that brings joy to your precious gaming time.
Most of us have a long list of "next to play" games waiting their turn to be played.
Let BM finish Exanima in their own pace, I am sure that they want to work as efficient as possible, although Features takes much more time to develop than Content does.

Midcal9

I really do understand you. I was once worried that my time of gaming will dwindle through the years. Getting a full time Job, entering a relationship, having kids, etc. You are right!

However, as you might discover, it is the quality of the game that brings joy to your precious gaming time.
Most of us have a long list of "next to play" games waiting their turn to be played.
Let BM finish Exanima in their own pace, I am sure that they want to work as efficient as possible, although Features takes much more time to develop than Content does.
I'm well aware of good games offering better immersive experience than ordinary, basic moron made games. The more exceptional and passion driven the team is the better the game will be. most devs aren't very creative, their inner world is pretty shabby nd so the result we get is pretty shabby as well, see Ubisoft. It's mediocre.

however, at this point I do not know for how long will Madoc and the rest be able to work 10 hours per day on this game. I certainly don't see him doing it for 2 years straight. You seem to be overly optimistic about it, you also seem disregard how much effort they've put into the thing VS what we got.

And I still got only one straightforward answer from Tony after sitting here and pulling his teeth with my questions, that's not a good sign.

Sgt. Floris

I'm well aware of good games offering better immersive experience than ordinary, basic moron made games. The more exceptional and passion driven the team is the better the game will be. most devs aren't very creative, their inner world is pretty shabby nd so the result we get is pretty shabby as well, see Ubisoft. It's mediocre.

however, at this point I do not know for how long will Madoc and the rest be able to work 10 hours per day on this game. I certainly don't see him doing it for 2 years straight. You seem to be overly optimistic about it, you also seem disregard how much effort they've put into the thing VS what we got.

And I still got only one straightforward answer from Tony after sitting here and pulling his teeth with my questions, that's not a good sign.
The only thing I could think of was to just stop asking questions about the development of Exanima and to just consider the project dead. When dealing with people as delusional and naive as on this forum there is no point in arguing.

Midcal9

The only thing I could think of was to just stop asking questions about the development of Exanima and to just consider the project dead. When dealing with people as delusional and naive as on this forum there is no point in arguing.
I know for a fact that Madoc does work on the project. It's not dead, the project that is. However, I as a client want to get as much information about the product as possible from the producer. Well, that's that's the Anglo Capitalist pig approach I could take.

As a fan who recognized the quality of the product and certain noble qualities of the maker himself I actually care about the whole thing in of itself.

See Floris, you act like a thrall. You can not take into account the whole picture, the grand context we got ourselves into with other, large corporations and their scummy diversity (blue haired feminist airheads and numen) hires and totally idiotic and hollow natures of their projects, you Floris, if you were a man of a higher stature, would have recognized the natural hierarchy of this place, of this forum and yourself as a person who does not make the game, you only buy it. You belong in the hungry masses corner, so do I.

Show some sympathy and tread lightly here. Madoc does work, his team does so as well. Whether we might get anything is another subject.

Courtesy is the keyword!

Last edited:

Sgt. Floris

I know for a fact that Madoc does work on the project. It's not dead, the project that is. However, I as a client want to get as much information about the product I might receive as possible from the producer. Well, that's that's the Anglo Capitalist pig approach I could take.

As a fan who recognized the quality of the product and certain noble qualities of the maker himself I actually care about the whole thing in of itself.

See Floris, you act like a thrall. You can not take into account the whole picture, the grand context we got ourselves into with other, large corporations and their scummy diversity (blue haired feminist airheads and numen) hires and totally idiotic and hollow natures of their projects, you Floris, if you were a man of a higher stature, would have recognized the natural hierarchy of this place, of this forum and yourself as a person who does not make the game, you only buy it. You belong in the hungry masses corner, so do I.

Show some sympathy and tread lightly here. Madoc does work, his team does so as well. Whether we might get anything is another subject.

Courtesy is the keyword!
Wow, guess I figured you for a better person instead of one of the delusional and naive people. Goodbye

Tony

Insider

Considering Madoc has been working long hours for 7 days a week since 2012 it's not likely to suddenly burn him out since game development is what he's passionate about and wants to be doing. You seem to be judging their overall progress based only upon the content currently available which only represents a small portion of what they've worked on; content creation has never been a bottleneck for Bare Mettle.

As far as answering your questions goes I answered them all other than giving specific dates or estimates since accurately predicting the future is nearly impossible; every time something takes longer than estimated people get upset.

Midcal9

You seem to be judging their overall progress based only upon the content currently available which only represents a small portion of what they've worked on; content creation has never been a bottleneck for Bare Mettle.
Dude what else have I got to judge them by?

Tony

Insider
Dude what else have I got to judge them by?
Just as long as you realize the currently released content only represents a small portion of what they've worked on over the years since a large portion of their time has been spent creating assets, tools, engine development, game features/mechanics that aren't in the current build of Exanima.

Midcal9

Just as long as you realize the currently released content only represents a small portion of what they've worked on over the years since a large portion of their time has been spent creating assets, tools, engine development, game features/mechanics that aren't in the current build of Exanima.
Again, again, but was it integrated? How long will it take them to actually create the content for release, build levels and make the game?

How long does it usually take to create a level and test it? Tony, I think it's time to create a schedule and start giving us dates. It can't go on like this for years. One day you'll have to wake up and tell yourself you can not live your life like this. You promise me a promise of a promise. Instead you need to just promise.

Tony

Insider
Nice try but I'm not still not giving specific dates or estimates until the update is closer to being ready (as in all content is added and most of the bugs are squashed). When I can give an estimate that isn't likely to be horribly off I'll let you know.

As far as Bare Mettle creating some arbitrary release schedule it's not going to happen -- they release things when they're ready instead of removing features and content simply to meet some meaningless schedule. This was one of the reasons why they chose to avoid going through a publisher; they didn't want to be forced to dumb down their game, remove features and content, etc. to meet some deadline that publishers set in order to maximize their profits.

Midcal9

"until the update is closer to being ready"

I thought it was in this stage 3 month ago. No wait, I thought this way 8 month ago too.

Midcal9

Why not go big and say you thought it was nearly ready 8 years ago?
Becuase of 0.6.5.4 f patch. Couldn't possbily imagine it would take you that long. But why don't you go big and bold and tell me something I haven't heard before?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.