Exanima 0.7.3 Released

Madoc

Project Lead
We're still working hard on the upcoming major update which includes mind thaumaturgy and two new areas, but we wanted to do an intermediate update and make many improvements to the core gameplay experience. We do also have some small but noteworthy content additions.

FLAILS!

We've heard again and again how much you want flails, so we've added... Surprise mechanics! Just keep opening those Happy Player Boxes and maybe, eventually, you'll get a flail! What? Don't you people have credit cards?

Jokes aside, flails didn't exactly come cheap to us, with a surprising amount of issues to overcome with physics, animation, inventory functions, world interaction, blood decals, sound mechanics, damage, parrying, combat AI... Oof! But they're a lot of fun so we think it paid off, and along the way, touching on all these systems, we've paved the road for other upcoming features and mechanics.

In arena, set that merchant to look for adept weapons and you should have one in no time. They can also be found in the main game mode.

DIVINATION

You can now find Diviner's Decks. The cards expose various elements of the lore through the beautiful art of Burgzaza, but can they also expose what the future may hold? Keep an eye out for cryptic messages in future release notes...

Changes in Exanima version 0.7.3:

• Flail weapon
    ‏‌‌
  • Diviner's Decks
    ‏‌‌
  • New encounter type in newest area
    ‏‌
  • The proctor has a fancy new sword (yes, changing grips is on the way)
  • Improved hair physics
  • Characters can no longer initiate attacks while in weakened or staggered state
  • Improved weapon sticking and penetration mechanics
  • Improved character striking motions on successful hits
  • Improved character balance on uneven ground
  • Removed a cause of frequent tripping during locomotion
  • Improved dynamic and rapid recovery from tripping during locomotion
  • Greatly improved stagger and impact response during locomotion
  • Smoother transitions into and from locomotive states
  • Smoother recovery from staggers
  • Fixed some AI being overly passive / peaceful
  • Fixed AI almost never fleeing
  • Characters are less reluctant to position themselves in tight spaces in combat
  • Improved mechanics for staggering from shield blocking
  • Shield blocking speeds are now correctly dependent on weight and stamina
  • Improved various shield combat motions
  • Various small animation and combat tweaks
  • Improved keyboard running controls
  • Improved arsenal and shop window loading times
  • Fixed characters sometimes becoming stuck in a crouched position
  • Fixed keys not working after being carried to another area
  • Fixed equipped unique weapons sometimes transforming into other items
  • Fixed occasional discoloured and black icons
  • Many content fixes and tweaks

Alan Ellis

Insider
How and where do i download this. spent ages trying, but kickstarter is dead and download links seem to be a in the know situation

Beldrana

Insider
You should be able to click the account link at bottom of the page, login and download from there. Good luck

Trapsmith

I am impressed with the work so far and very interested to see what Bare Mettle has in store for future content. We did see a bit of a teaser on Thaumaturgy a while back, which I am most looking forward to. I appreciate the dedication to a smooth, realistic style.

Roryn

Insider
I am impressed with the work so far and very interested to see what Bare Mettle has in store for future content. We did see a bit of a teaser on Thaumaturgy a while back, which I am most looking forward to. I appreciate the dedication to a smooth, realistic style.
And apparently Madoc wanted to do another video showing some more thaumaturgy skills or mechanics or something. I suppose we'll have to see if that'll end up happening or not, but I'm hoping it will.

swany6mm

Looking for help on getting the download - I bought the game from Bare Mettle directly (still have the email confirmation), but when I try to use the Account link below, it says it doesn't know who I am. I sent BM an email a few weeks ago, but no reply. Am I'm being blind and just over looking something, or does it sound like there is a legit problem? I'm still on 0.7.0.1. I've tried reinstalling to see if it would grab the latest version, I've redownloaded the file, nothing is panning out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Parco

@swany6mm Try message brendan directly on here or on discord.
btw, is your browser saying the website is unsecured by any chance? some have experienced login issues when you don't access the site with https:// in the start of the url

Last edited:

swany6mm

Thank you for the reply Parco. It tells me invalid email/pw, and when I try to recover the pw, it tells me that my account cannot be found. It's the same email I used when I bought the game

swany6mm

Still no reply :( I don't want to get all snotty, but what do you need to do to get BM's attention? I've emailed the contact email, sent PM here, and nothing

We're still working hard on the upcoming major update which includes mind thaumaturgy and two new areas, but we wanted to do an intermediate update and make many improvements to the core gameplay experience. We do also have some small but noteworthy content additions.

FLAILS!

We've heard again and again how much you want flails, so we've added... Surprise mechanics! Just keep opening those Happy Player Boxes and maybe, eventually, you'll get a flail! What? Don't you people have credit cards?

Jokes aside, flails didn't exactly come cheap to us, with a surprising amount of issues to overcome with physics, animation, inventory functions, world interaction, blood decals, sound mechanics, damage, parrying, combat AI... Oof! But they're a lot of fun so we think it paid off, and along the way, touching on all these systems, we've paved the road for other upcoming features and mechanics.

In arena, set that merchant to look for adept weapons and you should have one in no time. They can also be found in the main game mode.

DIVINATION

You can now find Diviner's Decks. The cards expose various elements of the lore through the beautiful art of Burgzaza, but can they also expose what the future may hold? Keep an eye out for cryptic messages in future release notes...

Changes in Exanima version 0.7.3:

• Flail weapon
    ‏‌‌
  • Diviner's Decks
    ‏‌‌
  • New encounter type in newest area
    ‏‌
  • The proctor has a fancy new sword (yes, changing grips is on the way)
  • Improved hair physics
  • Characters can no longer initiate attacks while in weakened or staggered state
  • Improved weapon sticking and penetration mechanics
  • Improved character striking motions on successful hits
  • Improved character balance on uneven ground
  • Removed a cause of frequent tripping during locomotion
  • Improved dynamic and rapid recovery from tripping during locomotion
  • Greatly improved stagger and impact response during locomotion
  • Smoother transitions into and from locomotive states
  • Smoother recovery from staggers
  • Fixed some AI being overly passive / peaceful
  • Fixed AI almost never fleeing
  • Characters are less reluctant to position themselves in tight spaces in combat
  • Improved mechanics for staggering from shield blocking
  • Shield blocking speeds are now correctly dependent on weight and stamina
  • Improved various shield combat motions
  • Various small animation and combat tweaks
  • Improved keyboard running controls
  • Improved arsenal and shop window loading times
  • Fixed characters sometimes becoming stuck in a crouched position
  • Fixed keys not working after being carried to another area
  • Fixed equipped unique weapons sometimes transforming into other items
  • Fixed occasional discoloured and black icons
  • Many content fixes and tweaks
Hello!
How can I set the arena merchant to look for adept weapons?
Thank You!

Parco

I am new user and i would to ask you. If i want talk with use shoutbox - it is possible? :)
If you want to talk with people directly then go to the BM's discord server. This site doesn't have shoutbox, so no it isn't possible at the moment.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.