Search results

1. V

Interesting weapons

Bibidibop, I agree completely. It's one of gaming's greatest flaws; they make everything too generic and streamlined. I understand that it makes it easier to produce and balance, but it really takes out realistic styling. Most games require set animations for everything, so it would likely...
  2. V

Interesting weapons

The German Zweihander, my favorite melee weapon. They can adapt to nearly any situation (aside from ranged combat. However, Cold Steel demonstrated the sword being thrown like a spear, piercing a steel hood). It's one thing I haven't seen a game do: individual weapon stances/grips. The...
  3. V

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

the0thMonkey, I hadn't read that. Thank you for that information. If there is a system and lore, I can get behind that. Thanks, Michael
  4. V

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

the0thMonkey, These are all incredible points. Personally, I'd opt for perma-death. If you die, you die. If you get knocked out you have a chance to awaken depending on your injuries and if your foe leaves you to die, or if they deliver a coup-de-grace. If you lose a a limb, you'd better get...
  5. V

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

Readers, I completely agree with Verva, it is completely ruin the immersion for me. It is very unrealistic. The only way I could see something like that working is if magic of some sort was involved. Magic like that would be incredibly unnatural, and likely drive fear into the common folk. It...
  6. V

Principles of running

the0thMonkey, Thank you for the sentiment. I try to be as clear and concise as I possibly can, while trying to remain as to the point and monotonous as I can to prevent readers from misconstrued conclusions. I've found it to be the best method to prevent hurt feelings, flame wars, and...
  7. V

Principles of running

Readers, I'd love to see various movement methods... My biggest thing is that I've never personally see it done in a game that isn't over-the-shoulder third person, or first person. How hard will it be to control a double tap of D to dodge right? How hard would it be to accurately transition...
  8. V

Principles of running

Readers, Sorry, but I failed to communicate my ideas on running in my previous post, having instead gotten myself embroiled in the age old armor discussion. When a person runs, they don't start out going as fast as they possibly can. It takes time to build of speed. Encumbrance affects how...
  9. V

Principles of running

Readers, First off, HELLO! My first post, Pardon me. Back to topic; It's of my belief that armor should affect how well damage of various types are absorbed. Quality (worksmanship/materials) of the armor should determine how well. Armor should also be a status symbol. The lowly peasant whom...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.