Search results

1. malfunction

Nudity

So to summarize, based on the design vision of Sui Generis, if you don't want to allow the killing of children you either have to remove children or remove killing. The game would collapse without any form of killing and so the choice is obvious.
  2. malfunction

Procedural Generation

Path of Exile is the real spiritual successor to Diablo in terms of procedurally generated levels. They're so beautifully crafted that half the time you wouldn't know they're randomly generated. The problem is it doesn't have much of an effect on gameplay or story. The entire story is scripted...
  3. malfunction

Nudity

Malfunction to the rescue! http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/message-in-plot.174/#post-2489 http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/grand-list-of-dev-quotes-on-features.195/page-2#post-3334
  4. malfunction

Nudity

@Tony That's a very good point and I hadn't considered that. Well in that case, if the developers are willing to put the effort in, I don't see any reason to not include the option of nudity as long as it's done well and not sexualized too much.
  5. malfunction

Nudity

I'm not sure I've made this clear enough but the ratings WILL be affected by having the OPTION of having nudity. If the ASSETS for nudity are in the game and aren't even used, it can bump up the rating too. And you are underplaying the effect ratings can have on the sales of a game. As I said...
  6. malfunction

Nudity

Honestly, all arguments aside, the real stickler in here is the rating. I have nothing against nudity in games. In fact, I think it CAN be done very tastefully, and that the rules perhaps shouldn't be so harsh on nudity when they're comparatively quite lenient on violence. Same for drug usage...
  7. malfunction

Nudity

The problem you're all overlooking is that it's not worth bumping up to an R rating and being potentially banned in several countries because it's "immersion breaking" to not show vaginas. Even just having the assets for nakedness in the game files can qualify it for an R rating in some areas.
  8. malfunction

Multiplayer

I think this game really lends itself to the LAN environment. Much more so than online play, in my opinion. Gives a real tabletop RPG D&D vibe.
  9. malfunction

Daemons, Demons and Dragons... And the likes of it

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think for the "large monster" mechanic to work, they need to very predictably reside in certain areas. You wouldn't want them roaming around the map. You'd want to be able to find them some specific place, realize they're way too strong for you, back...
  10. malfunction

A Balanced World

Skyrim is wonky as balls, and any semblance of dynamic content is linear, faked, or totally coincidental. Very rarely has anything happened in that game which I've found to be real "wow" moments. I think a huge failing of the game, besides just a lack of depth, is actually a byproduct of the...
  11. malfunction

Multiplayer

Just diverting the conversation a bit, how do you guys think death will be implemented and will impact a LAN game? If a friend dies, will it be possible to revive them? Will they respawn as a random person at the other side of the map? Will they be able to loot each others bodies? Will they...
  12. malfunction

Crafting, Alchemy, and Item Repair Success

I agree with Komuflage, but maybe there could be a compromise. A huge component of this game is the physics, so if they wanted to be super insanely ambitious they could make a physics based system. Of course, this would be insane to create and I'd hardly imagine at the top of their list of...
  13. malfunction

Making people surrender

Surrendering is an awesome idea. Adds a huge amount of immersion, etc. I think every element of surrendering can be conveyed through animation. For an enemy to surrender, all they have to do is find a moment they have an opportunity to back away, throw down their weapon, and raise their arms. I...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.