Search results

1. Crayfish

Chat server for Exanima and Sui Generis fans

The Discord invite seems to have expired.
  2. Crayfish

Forum bookmark 404'ing

Bare Mettle could fix this pretty easily by putting a redirect in on the web server. That is assuming they host their own server. It's a pretty easy fix if it's an apache server.
  3. Crayfish

Streamin on Beam

Good stream, would watch again. A+++++++ ;-)
  4. Crayfish

Found a way to enable follow camera in combat

In my experience, developers very rarely overestimate the difficulties they will face when developing software. Underestimation on the other hand.. that's a different story.
  5. Crayfish

Exanima gaining traction!

This live streamers first impressions video gives a great sample of the frustrations and joys of a new player of Exanima: It takes a while to get started but represents really well the issues that new players come up against. He had a particularly hard time dealing with doors, hopefully the...
  6. Crayfish

Questions questions..

To be a little pedantic the viewpoint used in Exanima is more usually called an isometric view. Top down could give the impression of a true top down view such as the original GTA.
  7. Crayfish

Old skool rts gaming ?

I quite enjoyed Dune 2 and Command and Conquer.
  8. Crayfish

Romance

If you do add romance as some sort of feature of the game please make some of the characters either homosexual or bisexual. This would be a great service to bringing computer games in to the 21st century. You already do a very admirable job by giving female characters practical armour options.
  9. Crayfish

Modeling fighting stances in medieval swordsmanship

I find the halberd the easiest weapon to master for the expert arena, it does very good damage against armour compared to swords. Keep out of range of your opponents weapon and land as many blows as possible. Three quarters of your attacks will be blocked but the other quarter will do the...
  10. Crayfish

Combat Demo Beta Release

My experience with the game leads me to believe that giving hints for a good next combat move would be impossible in Sui Generis. The reason for this is that timing is absolutely critical. The perfect move to make in a particular circumstance could be a disastrous move if you're a fraction of...
  11. Crayfish

Cool presentation on animaton

It is fairly common and used mostly when there are limited artist resources available to created the low detail models. The reason that artist produced low poly models are often preferred is that the algorithms used to remove vertices to make the low poly models are not generally very good...
  12. Crayfish

Update #28: Update #28

The one thing that struck me most from the development video is that now the game has amazing fire physics it is crying out for the ability to set random objects (including corpses) on fire. Having fire that could spread to objects that it touches would add some very interesting gameplay...
  13. Crayfish

Status Update

Just little updates like this post are all that's needed to let us know you're still alive and well. Good luck with all those little "final 10%" jobs. Thanks for keeping us posted here.
  14. Crayfish

New PC build

I had the same cable jam when I had a MicroATX case, the airflow was terrible. The problem is that all the components come with cables designed for ATX cases do to get decent cabling in a small case means buying new cables, carefully selected to be the correct length. Bad airflow will mean the...
  15. Crayfish

Status Update

I've heard hints that Sui Generis will be a character driven game to some degree. If those rumours are at all true thrn I'd love to see a character driven alpha to test those technologies. My suggestion would be a simple bar room filled with characters with different motivations. A farm worker...
  16. Crayfish

Chaos Reborn from Julian Gollop on Kickstarter

I'm so jealous ;-)
  17. Crayfish

NPC AI (ken levine polygon article)

It was more of a general statement but mainly addressing Ken Levine's new game and his ambition to procedurally generate emergent stories. As a games designer I've thought hard on many occasions about the problem of whether it is possible to procedurally generate a good story. I've been...
  18. Crayfish

NPC AI (ken levine polygon article)

It sounds like Ken Levine is trying to design a procedurally generated soap opera. It's a refreshing idea and is something that is probably inevitable in the long run. I expect that the first few attempts will be severely flawed however, just like the first attempts at interactive movies were...
  19. Crayfish

Alpha Combat Trailer feedback

I think most of us clearly post that videos are under NDA in the title. That should be enough to warn people not to share them outside of the insider forum.
  20. Crayfish

Chaos Reborn from Julian Gollop on Kickstarter

I figure that there may be quite a few people on this forum who might be interested in a new fantasy strategy game by Julian Gollop, the creator of the XCOM series. Chaos Reborn is based upon the ZX Spectrum game "Chaos" that was released thirty years ago and published by Games Workshop...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.