Search results

1. the0thMonkey

Cool presentation on animaton

This guy makes it look so damn easy!! :P The power of small develop teams never ceases to amaze me :D
  2. the0thMonkey

Ranged Weapons?

This sentence confused me for a while. Then I remembered that the internet does not believe in punctuation. ;) I was imagining either launching bits of cake at people, or some variety of cake made from a cow...
  3. the0thMonkey

Easter Eggs

So, maybe it's nonsensical to create a thread about a topic that by its definition should be kept secret, but I'm wondering what the official take is on easter eggs. Do the devs intend to include any? Or do they feel that they would be immersion breaking and would detract from the otherwise...
  4. the0thMonkey

Inspiring Fear

I'm with you on this one. I don't think that SG will turn into a horror game, simply because that is not what the devs have in mind. Also, a lot of "cheap" scare tactics (things jumping out at you, for instance) would not work as well in an isometric view. This sounds good too. I do think that...
  5. the0thMonkey

Postponement

I strongly believe that this game will be worth the wait! Enjoy your holiday! :)
  6. the0thMonkey

Why I haven't backed Sui Generis (yet)

Just to update, the delay for the public video was caused by fixing the bugs they came across while recording. They now say that the working version is quite stable, which is great news!
  7. the0thMonkey

What Mod Would You Make?

I wonder if the devs could arrange this. They must have been using something similar to get the original screenshots of the game. I hope they release this feature at some point. I'd never lack inspiration for my desktop wallpapers ever again! :)
  8. the0thMonkey

Running improvements and combat controls

While this is an old issue, one that I'm sure BME have heard enough about, it is important because so many of the comments on the game have been about how the running looks. Clearly it sticks out like a sore thumb, causing viewers (and eventually players) to look past all the other amazing...
  9. the0thMonkey

Astronaut avatars?!

@arrob Come to the dark side, we have space cookies! :D
  10. the0thMonkey

Games to Fill the Gap: What you're playing before Sui Generis

I'm glad to see that some other people have heard of this game. I've been following Michal Marcinkowski (the head developer) since Soldat days. I always liked his style but I could never really get the hang of KAG. Regardless, I'm still supportive and it's nice to see that it's gaining...
  11. the0thMonkey

What Mod Would You Make?

Great idea for a thread MoonyJello :) and welcome to the forums! I think I'd like to use the engine to make a sci-fi game. Maybe along the lines of Dune, so that the amazing melee combat could be used. Interesting alien-looking architecture, a bunch of different types of clothing styles, and...
  12. the0thMonkey

questions regarding combat

Welcome to the forums! :) For your first question, check this thread out. For number two: Blocking is automatic when you are not attacking. However, it is up to you to position your body so that the block is effective. Weapons always collide regardless of what you're doing with them. For more...
  13. the0thMonkey

About Controls and various other game mechanics

Comprehensive key binding options are essential for PC games with any degree of complexity. As fans of PC games, I'm sure BME will include this.
  14. the0thMonkey

I think that's up to you. You can see the single arrow is used when the character is walking, and the double arrow is used when running. I'm fairly certain that there will not be any cases where one or the other would be imposed (for instance, you can only walk indoors). If for any reason...
  15. the0thMonkey

I'm with you on this one. Previously, I was a bit worried because I thought the combat was going to be quite indirect or passive (similar to how blocking and parrying currently is), so the new video is great news! I've been revisiting M&B recently, and SG is starting to sound like Warband on...
  16. the0thMonkey

New Public Video

This issue has been irking me as well. It doesn't really make sense for there to be a "maximum weight" of weapon. This sort of stat should not be relative. I also think that BM should not be afraid of putting numbers in their interface if they are the best way to convey information.
  17. the0thMonkey

Saving

Actually, the two of you seem to have given different answers. Does the game save when you exit? or does it save continuously? If it just saved when you exited, you could exit the game, duplicate the save files, and then overwrite them if anything bad happened in your playing session. This...
  18. the0thMonkey

Astronaut avatars?!

Or you'll wake up in space and WISH you had a spacesuit! :D
  19. the0thMonkey

Astronaut avatars?!

Where is @nox when you need him? :D
  20. the0thMonkey

A Balanced World

Any post that starts with "Skyrim is wonky as balls" and praises Mount & Blade is OK by me :D But seriously, I think your final paragraph was really well put. This is (or should be) the ultimate goal of a true roleplaying game. In order to make this viable though, I think some corners have to...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.