Search results

1. T

What's taking so long?

Check again after a few more months if there was some news See nothing on Steam See no new Announcement post See no new Update & Release Notes ... Nope, looks like they've given up. Years passing by, updates taking forever, all that is not that uncommon. Some people will accept it and wait...
  2. T

Secure the web, thanks.

It's not that https is more secure. It's that http is hilariously insecure, anyone with knowledge of cybersecurity will tell you to switch to https right now. Also it is slower. Because everyone stop working at optimising it (as it is so bad) and only kept optimising https instead. So yeah...
  3. T

LIGHTING

The problem with darkness is that the game doesn't gives the RL ways of dealing with it. Natural night vision and other lighting system like waist lanterns have been evoked, but even in total darkness, we still have the senses of touch and hearing to guide us, as well as spatial orientation when...
  4. T

Sui Generis crime and punishment.

But if you do face a death sentence and a very public execution, how should they react when seeing you again?
  5. T

Tighter control and better damage feedback

-Not input lag, but the time for the physical action to happen. - Of course it's not going to be 100% realistic. That's not the point. - All of those moves fall under "take/block/avoid a big swing". Let me rephrase that. It's been five years since I practised any combat sport, and one year...
  6. T

Spears

While we're at it, is there a plan for spear + shield? It was a pretty common combination for most of history - though mostly in the antiquity, I've heard. Does it still make sense in a medieval setting?
  7. T

Still not convinced. They do look less drunk, but the drunkenness is still there, for the same reasons as before. The main change is that animations look less awkward. At some point, the two characters literally face each-other off at fist range doing nothing for an entire second!
  8. T

Apart from the last sentence, I mostly agree. I don't think anyone wants Exanima to be completely realistic in terms of speed and possible moves, though. The point is not to have Exanima a simulation, but an enjoyable game. So how would faster response make Exanima a more enjoyable game? -...
  9. T

Well... - One second delay between intent and actual strike - Big, wide, easy to counter, telegraphed moves - Getting hit by big, wide, easy to counter, telegraphed moves - No subtlety in moves beyond "take big swing", "avoid big swing", "(fail to) block big swing" - Awkward, uncertain movement...
  10. T

Uh... would you care to detail?
  11. T

Leaving aside the condescending l2p from people who should know better, Yes there is. It's just that at some point you stop perceiving it, the same way you stop perceiving a constant noise in the background after some time, when you adapted to it. If those were giant mecha ducking it out, I...
  12. T

The problem is, characters are still drunk. Not as dead drunk as before, but still enough for the barkeeper to stop serving them. One of the main reasons it takes dozens of hours to master the controls (I'm 50 hours in and still only average) is because you have to compensate for that. Now...
  13. T

Brightness of the torch

A problem is, HDR in videogames today isn't working like the eye's HDR. When you are looking at a camp fire, your eye is able to adapt locally to the camp fire light one one side and at the night on the other side, in addition to global adaptation to the entire image's luminosity. The human eye...
  14. T

Wearing full chainmail under full plate armor. Realistic? Ineffective?

What is the sophistication level of armour in Exanima? Is it possible for them to still be at the intermediary state, with early plate armour but still putting mail underneath? And armour is indeed broken for female characters in Exanima. For male characters, it works correctly: the more...
  15. T

Arena Pass Time, Skip Day?

That's a good point. That "rest" function already exists. So adding the option of resting for the minimal price would actually be interface change, not gameplay change. And it would also be used when your have your character(s) low on health and there is no pugilism match available.
  16. T

Thoughts and Ideas General

That's a good point. You can't expect new players to know that they have to play this game differently. In any single other game, when you see a meaty, mindless undead slouching around, the response is "zombie : fight it until dead (again)". Here, it's actually a pretty bad strategy for a new...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.