403 - Forbidden (Can't download... no Steam key)

otosnede

Just purchased the game via the website and the two links (after logging in with the email/pass I was sent) on the account page to download the game and update don't work... both send me to a "403 - Forbidden" page and the Steam link hasn't shown up yet. Anyone else experience this?

Not sure what to do :)

C0rvin

Forgive me but I must ask, did you buy the game because of the Sodapoppin stream?

Last edited:

C0rvin

Sadly I cant help you with your problem. Eventually someone that can help you, will post here. The devs and mods are usually pretty quick

C0rvin

No, I didn't... never heard of Sodapoppin ;)
I just thought maybe you did. He's a pretty large streamer. 18k people are watching him play Exanima right now. Thats how I first came into contact with the game a couple of months ago.
Anyways, that is pretty decent advertisement.

Tony

Insider
Just purchased the game via the website and the two links (after logging in with the email/pass I was sent) on the account page to download the game and update don't work... both send me to a "403 - Forbidden" page and the Steam link hasn't shown up yet. Anyone else experience this?

Not sure what to do :)
On the account page did you try right clicking on the links and select "save file as"? Sometimes certain web browsers have issues with the download links but right clicking usually works.

Also, @Brendan should be able to help you with the Steam key if it isn't showing up (he has to manually send one if the server doesn't automatically do so like it's supposed to).

otosnede

On the account page did you try right clicking on the links and select "save file as"? Sometimes certain web browsers have issues with the download links but right clicking usually works.

Also, @Brendan should be able to help you with the Steam key if it isn't showing up (he has to manually send one if the server doesn't automatically do so like it's supposed to).
The download links eventually did start working (using Edge... went straight to right-clicking, Save As... etc... nothing worked, though)

I still don't have a Steam key... that's really what I'm waiting on :)

otosnede

If I can't get a Steam key, can I get a refund? Seriously... I should have just bought it on Steam as the DRM-free version for me was just a value added bonus :(

C0rvin

Actually you might want to message him directly about it aswell. He has not been on the forums for almost a month but he is just busy I guess

otosnede

This is ridiculous, now. I've private messaged him, sent an email to the company help line... no responses from ANY of those channels. I just want a Steam code or a refund so I can buy it on Steam.

otosnede

Actually you might want to message him directly about it aswell. He has not been on the forums for almost a month but he is just busy I guess
Than they should probably change the purchase page to not mention getting a Steam code with the purchase.

otosnede

You can play the game though, right? With the version you get when buying from the website?
Yes, but that's a moot point... It was advertised on the sale page as "DRM-free and Steam code"... I only received half of what I paid for... surely you see the problem in that? The only reason I bought the game on this site as opposed to Steam was the DRM-free copy was a value added bonus, nothing more.

Brendan

Developer
Hi @otosnede, @Godefroy, really sorry about this..

My fault. I've been meaning (and promising) to update our account system for ages but really will soon.. Once that's done you'll have a choice between Steam and GOG keys and they will be issued properly (i.e. instantly and reliably, unlike now). Also sorry about the slow response and bad experience in general.

You should have your keys now (log in to view) and an extra one for the trouble that you can share with a friend etc.

Cheers,
Brendan

Godefroy

Wow! Amazing. I don't know what I can say... thanks a lot! I speaking about Exanima since few days to my friends, now I could share it to one of them! Love you guys.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.