A Public Video

Empire²

Insider
Same here. I would love to see some early ranged combat, as well as maybe a demonstration of the dynamic dialogues and quests.

However, as much as I want bows and crossbows and sieges and epic duels on burning bridges, I would be okay with a large ogre smashing up a bunch of humans in a town environment.

Komuflage

Insider
I would love to see some of the powers in the game, so far we've only seen one. (maybe show an example for each "school")

Even if I would love to see some of dialogue etc. I think BM should focus on the action parts for the public video, since it's supposed to get the interest up for other people. And the general crowd prefers a lot of action instead.

Looks like our dreams have been shattered. Saying that though, I'm still as hyped as ever for the upcoming video, and the game for that matter.

Dorag

Every day as I go in the site, I pray just to see a change in the homepage, true hope.
Imagine if it happens, sudden excitement! new video! new update! so much to see!!
Well, no change yet, but I've come to accept that, I'm glad the game is a work in progress, and I'm really pleased they're still improving and enhancing it, the video would be appreciated greatly :)

cnileoleman

Insider
I was on reddit a couple weeks ago and stumbled across this. I'm already hyped for an update, and can only imagine how those who already knew about it are holding up. Anyway, hi.

SpaceKing

Something they could do is similar to what Wolfire Games does for Overgrowth; also crowd-funded and in development. Every so often, generally once a month, they release a short 1-3 minute video that is basically just a visual changelog for their public alpha. Its often very minor changes, and sometimes they'll do a video talking about the art design instead, but they're fairly good at keeping interest high with small development videos:

Not that they need to follow the fervor of Wolfire. Its a common joke that they'll still be releasing videos for alpha 500+. But something similar to those would be a nice treat every month or two.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if more videos are released post alpha as the team don't have to worry about as good an impression with alpha testers. This may mean that they are alpha or dev vid tier only but it would still be nice. It seems like the team use videos to review there own changes and improvements (based off the most recent "Halberd Combat Test" video we received at dev vid tier. If this remains the case, I wouldn't be suprised if they release most of these to alpha tier backers as they will have played it and know what the quality of the game is and be able to actually tell whether something is WIP (if they can't already) without it being explicitly stated.

It'll probably also be faster for them to release test videos and an undetailed changelog than do an update as detailed as the others about what's changed. I also imagine that they will release more videos to the public as I doubt there will be an NDA on the game at any point so other people will be doing it anyway (also, I totally understand if you guys want an NDA).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.