A question regarding SG's underworld

HopeDIV

Insider
I very much enjoy the idea of a massive inter-connected underworld, and so I was recently introduced to this quote:

We're not going to feature procedurally generated environments, the closest thing is the connectivity of the underworld which will vary and not allow access to all areas in one playthrough.

We are however introducing various "procedural" elements to offer a different experience on each playthrough. Various plotlines will have different starting conditions and will also evolve differently, a lot of items may or may not be there and will be chosen from pools of items so you will often find items in the same places but not always the same items. There's also a good deal of procedural methods employed in the specifics of items, this is something we're trying to finalise now as we want it fully functional for the alpha.

Another thing that should encourage replayability is different builds. Though it's possible to eventually retrain skills there are forms of thaumaturgy and base physique which can only be defined at character creation.
http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedural-generation.1091/page-2#post-12884

More accurately this section:
"the closest thing is the connectivity of the underworld which will vary and not allow access to all areas in one playthrough."

Does this mean sections of the underworld will be barred by player actions and events, or determined when the world is generated and out of the players hands?

Danke

I'd reckon that the map and all that is static and all custom built, but each playthrough will have different areas and presets. Something like one playthrough the dungeon might be caved in some areas, but in other runs not. Perhaps it may extend to how the world's geopolitical situation is when you load up a new world.

HopeDIV

Insider
I'd reckon that the map and all that is static and all custom built, but each playthrough will have different areas and presets. Something like one playthrough the dungeon might be caved in some areas, but in other runs not. Perhaps it may extend to how the world's geopolitical situation is when you load up a new world.
I'm thinking along the same lines as you, however after talking with a few people they seemed to think that was unlikely. Since the post is a few years old and their goals have most likely changed in some respects, I thought it best to write a thread.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.