A Quick Update

Fresh

Insider
Really looking forward to trying out the demo version. Although I saw it coming, I was kinda bummed over the postponement but after seeing this update I'm getting more excited over the things to come. Maybe you should start getting the project onto Steam? Could be a great way to get some extra funding into the project and at the same time be a smart way to distribute early versions.

Right now it's probably not the best idea to do something along the lines of early access, bro.

I can see them swinging that way once the full game reaches alpha or beta status though.

It might be an idea to start a greenlight campaign sooner rather than later, for the final game. That way, the prelude can help boost publicity for it.

Fawz

Insider
The game could get a big boost of income and public interest if it were to land on Steam early access, but it'll be a while before Sui Generis is ready for that. Starting off strong on Steam early access is very important and people can be quite critical or demanding. Going in too early would give too many people the wrong impresion on the game and would probably slow down development.

I don't think the game should go up on Steam early access until the prelude is complete. That would allow them to price the early access game at the same low price as the game is planned to be and by then basic functions should be into the game. There might be a few issues with how to handle Alpha and Beta builds for the full game following the finished prelude, but that could probably be handled outside of steam (though it would cause a bit of an outcry on the steam forums).

How rapid is rapid? Or more aptly put, how often will updates be released? Weekly, monthly? Also, will there be development videos explaining the updates? Since, I imagine that filming them takes so log because you want to reflect the game as positively as possible. But, once people are playing, videos to those people likely won't affect there opinion but instead help to explain development processes and planned features.

Madoc

Project Lead
Well, as it is we're kind of rushing to release something because we promised you we would, a lot of features are functional but not properly integrated, somewhat incomplete, don't work under certain conditions, have glitches that still need to be fixed etc. At the moment I'm fixing (and discovering!) issues at the rate of 2-3 a day, I expect this to continue for some time after we release a first bare bones version and so frequent updates should be expected. This should mean features being added and the actual prelude being developed. I'm sure also a lot of things we didn't think of will come to light when many people are playing it, it's hard to get much play testing done or keep track of everything when we're working all the time! The combat, animation and AI systems are truly a huge complex beast, there's a lot WIP stuff in there.

Komuflage

Insider
a lot of features are functional but not properly integrated, somewhat incomplete, don't work under certain conditions, have glitches that still need to be fixed etc.
That's basically what we're expecting :rolleyes:
However, you shouldn't rush things just because you promised, take extra time if you need it. However It's pretty much a alpha of a demo product you're releasing now, so don't overdo it either.
Even though most of us are really excited to finally be able to play the game, we're not here to have fun, that's not the point of a alpha or beta. We're here to test the product and report back bugs and glitches so that you're aware of them. (like you said, you don't have much time to playtest)
Nonetheless best of luck to you guys and keep up the good work :D

However, you shouldn't rush things just because you promised, take extra time if you need it. However It's pretty much a alpha of a demo product you're releasing now, so don't overdo it either.
Even though most of us are really excited to finally be able to play the game, we're not here to have fun, that's not the point of a alpha or beta. We're here to test the product and report back bugs and glitches so that you're aware of them. (like you said, you don't have much time to playtest)
Having fun with it would be a good sign though ;)

Rev

Insider
Any rough date estimate? I am considering booking a day off work and purchasing Red Bull from a wholesalers for day of release....

BigT2themax

Insider
Would it be bad if I said I'm actually just wanting to play the game and have fun rather than focus on testing? eep >.>

Of course, I'll report bugs and whatnot if I find one that I can replicate. I'm not just here for testing purposes though... <_<

Komuflage

Insider
Would it be bad if I said I'm actually just wanting to play the game and have fun rather than focus on testing? eep >.>

Of course, I'll report bugs and whatnot if I find one that I can replicate. I'm not just here for testing purposes though... <_<
Ofc it wouldn't be bad, I'm super excited about playing as well. My point is that it's a Alpha of a "demo" and everyone (including the devs) need to keep that in mind. The devs shouldn't try to hard to release a fully working product, and we should not expect one.

Rev

Insider
The combat doesn't look particularly flawed, I don't care about magic.... I just want to f*** some people up with a two handed sword... Sandor Clegane style...

Yeah the first thing I'll do when I get hands on beta is playing with physics. Actually providing useful feedback will come second :p

I want to push people off ladders and bridges. Not IRL, doing it in video games will suffice.

hannes77

Insider
Best of luck to all the Devs, im a dev myself and i know its a lot of work !!

Cant wait for the alpha, really looking forward to it, im spreading the word here in South Africa.

Take it easy and do it right !! ( even if it means delaying )

Omenov

Insider
Ok just upgraded to alpha being that it's the 24 th of February and the end of month is coming and I want to swing dat sword! I know not quite the alpha but I want to mess with it now! Hah. If I like I'll convince some friends to cough up the bucks! I'm not waiting because I have seen enough I'm hooked. My friends are cheap though so they might need some wringing! I'll get um.... Muhahahah

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.