A 'simple' A.I. improvement

Solinarius

Every time you land a strike on someone, they always immediately retaliate. This behavior has bothered me since discovering it because I can easily abuse its predictability and there's nothing the A.I. can do when I find a rhythm of unblockable strikes. They very badly need a transition other than retaliation, not simply to dissolve this exploitable behavior, but to make fights more dynamic and interesting.

-Tim-

Insider
While I agree that this behaviour is a tad exploitable, I do think it's a typical nooby mistake that the lower AI opponents should make to make them seem 'realistically' bad (getting hit might anger or disorient you, causing sloppy manoeuvres). Also, it provides a nice opportunity to try to maximize your offensive techniques to take them down as fast and effectively as you can.

Lutz Persn

There's also the constant press of attack (or lack of defensive fighting) and the use of the double-swing move (if the AI you're facing has that skill). This can be used to your advantage as it becomes a distinct repeatable pattern. Maybe it can be remedied by having the opponent use a more "broken rythm" instead of a set piece of repetitions and patterns?

Hey there,

On my side i was thinking that maybe AI should :

- STOP NOTICING ME AS SOON AS I PRESS THE ATTACK BUTTON :p
that's not very realistic. We should be able to surprise an enemy and hit him before he knows, as long as we don't approach him running crazy. Globally enemies arent sound reactive enough. I mean seriously that's not my problem if they are dumb enough to show me their back :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.