"Camera locked to character" lifehack, AKA heavy object on spacebar

Elaxter

Insider
No way. Dungeon fights have stuff around everywhere. A guy with a chunk of wood can beat you down and all around if you trip. The zombies don't care about their life, so they charge at full force every blow they attempt. That makes for an unpredictable opponent. One minute your crushing on zombies, the next you're mince meat.

ridikyuhlus

How many more videos do I need to make? Just because you prefer a certain camera control doesnt mean it works for everyone else, and vice versa. I personally prefer using a combination of all methods, whatever works in the moment.

Last edited:

Faelivrin

Insider
It is cool you found a solution that works for you. However as you mentioned in other post it is not an ideal one, because even if it don't causes you motion sickness, it certainly more exhausting for the eyes than a mostly static camera for most peeps. I wont repeat the other advantages of a fixed camera, as it seems you heard about most already and remain unconvinced ;)

Nomad

I have found I like both for different reasons. I play with "free" camera. But is it possible, when in combat to slow down the camera speed, so it dosen't swing so violently. A slider or 2 for camera speeds in and out of combat is what Im asking for.

Nomad

its commendable that you guys are still going on,... :p
I have actually been ignoring elaxter as much as possible. As fans, we should all be friends here and I want to keep a good tone. I have yet to see a positive comment from that guy, he's aggressive, sarcastic, condescendingly and has yet to learn that different opinons is not about right and wrong.

Last edited:

piotras

I'm learning the regular camera. I think I've made good progress on maintaining directional-awareness even without the space-bar reset. However, there are two things which annoy me to bits and there's not much that can be done with the current system:
- not being able to do a left-to-right swing due to a unfortunate camera angle
- misjudging a overhead swing due to a unfortunate camera angle

If you find the camera controls very difficult (for which I can't blame you) I would advise to change the viewing angle to the maximum of 90* (complete overhead) just for practice. This will look ugly but it might be easier to maintain directional-awareness and initiate left-to-right swings. With time as you get the hang of it you can lower the viewing angle to something that doesn't look so bad.

Guy

I am training myself to think/say forward, back, shield side, sword side as I hit the keys instead of forward, back, left, right. Kinda like I had to replace driver/passenger on the original GTAs back when. This is helping me lots, and it will become second nature to me as I do it over and over in the arena.

YMMV.

Guy

ps, I only change camera to search a room closely anymore.

Pc Genie

Oh, praise the Lord, I am not the only member of my previously named "Spacebar Holders Club"!
I hate side cameras, it feels like taking the idea of third person camera to a new extreme.

I strongly disagree that it is limiting, I can perform a variety of tactical moves and am now regularly defeating Master level arena opponents while using adept/expert level armour and weapons. If I use the standard passerby style camera, I feel much more limited and have to focus on character alignment.

Let me put it this way, it's the same camera style nearly every other third person RPG uses!!!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.