Coffee Diary 10/10/22

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

We are still focusing on AI, we've worked through the various mechanics and built up the framework we discussed in detail last week. Now we mostly need to go over final implementation details and do some testing. For now we just want to get a baseline, as AI makes decisions in a very organic way, it's less about right or wrong and more about tuning values to get realistic and interesting behaviour. This will largely happen over time as we observe it and get feedback from the community.

We are being very thorough here, both in exploring future applications and additions so that we'll be ready to support them, and also in correcting and improving things based on current shortcomings, everything we've learned over time and feedback. This includes things like giving more importance to positive and cooperative combat interactions to build trust, better target prioritisation in group combats, more nuanced fear and courage mechanics and behaviours that also involve allies, visibility and stealth mechanics (currently only applies to mind mask) and how characters react to concealment, responding to when targets can't be reached, fixing various issues with golem behaviour and many other small but still important things. There's also a lot of interactions with mind thaumaturgy here, which is getting various revisions to increase its value and introduce Potential scaling.

We covered our general goals last week, but basically while we introduce what we need for more character interactions and behaviours, we also just want them to feel very lifelike in how they react to things happening around them. Emergent behaviour is key in our brand of realism and we're particularly keen on it. Either way this new AI framework should be the last thing we need so we can move on to completing the new powers.

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Adon00

Thank you to the whole team for the work you provide for this great game,

However, I have a question.

Do you plan for the near future a possibility to play with friends in order to wait during the development of the game?

It would be much appreciated.

Ganthor

I cannot wait for the force thaumaturgy, so every exciting. Beating helmets in arena and slashing demons in story mode in the mean time

dejayc

Maybe while you're at it, you guys can make the game a little more fun to play.

I just got to the sewers, and I exclusively kill the play-doh men by holding down the attack key while dual-wielding swords. It's satisfying to see those nasties get sliced up by such a stupid strategy, as that approach is a lot better than messing around with the clunky combat system and tripping over every stray rock in the sewers.

EDIT: I do have to admit, the ability to turn on the wall lamps is genius. I'd love to see this feature implemented more widely in the game, or maybe the ability to use power crystals to light the hanging lanterns.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.