Combat: Q, E, X plus Mouse

Agree?

• Yes, please

• Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yaramir

Firstly, I am really loving the combat in Examina. I particularly appreciate the realistic blocking animations and the physics-based responses to strikes.

I have a suggestion that would be relatively easy to implement while increasing playability.

Presently, a thrust is performed by pressing ALT+mouse button. In much the same way, I propose:
Q+mouse button = strike from the left
E+mouse button = strike from the right
X+mouse button = thrust (replacement/alternative to ALT+mouse)

I believe this could be compatible with the existing mechanic of mouse direction indicating strike direction.

Roryn

Insider
I'd say the current system is a little easier, but I can see advantages to this too. It would mean that you can turn any way you want and still strike any way you want. If it's included as an option it'd be pretty cool, but that's assuming it's absolutely MINIMAL work.

Pc Genie

I agree, your mouse movements can determine subtle adjustments to attack angles and power implemented, as well as camera for us spacebar holders, while currently unused buttons can determine side of first attack.

Chase

Insider
That would take up important keybinds (needed for thaumaturgy, archery, etc.) for something that doesn't really benefit the game, as you can do whatever you want with mouse inputs already. Using Q and E or any other key would also make it very awkward to move and swing at the same time. For example, if I wanted to strafe left around a shield user with a LtR attack, I would have to press Q, A, and W all at the same time--this requires me to completely shift the way my hand sits on the keyboard and makes it much more difficult to do.

Consider that the developers have been thinking about the best way to do this and working with player feedback for years now. I trust that BM have carefully considered nearly every option, especially obvious ones such as this. Please don't be put off if I seem a bit harsh, it isn't my intention to be rude, I'm just trying to be as straightforward as possible.

Kasper

Well, for me it would decrease playability. Those keybinds can be used for more essential features just like Chase said. Furthermore, once you practice enough you'll find out that you can strike anyhow you'd like only with your mouse, regardless of your character position, camera angle etc.

dennisftw

Seems ratherr pointless given they don't add or make the conrtols easier I would like to have keybinds that act as attack modifiers though, for example q would make the attack come in from a high angle and e would come from low, could also implement height based blocking. Although q and e seems like itd feel a bit awkward, it'd increase the skill cap a bit and allow for some mixups.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.