Complex, game destroying issue

Have you ever had this issue?

• Total voters

Mati9319

Supporter
Sorry for a such unprecise thread name, but my problem is indeed a combination of three (or maybe even four) bugs.

To begin with, on yesterday's evening I've been doing quite well in this game... at least when it comes to gathering equipment. I managed to collect whole bunch of pretty good gear. When I had enough, I have returned to the very first starting room and exit the game. Then, I run it once again, loaded my save and everything was in order.

But today, when my game loaded, everything I saw was a black screen with just health/mana bars in the bottom. The funny thing: my health bar was completely obliterated by permanent damage... which went far past it to the left edge of my screen. :D Was my character cut into pieces or what?

And now: the bugs. When I tried to move and/or click, this appeared:
  • Player position overflow.

And a few seconds later:
  • Error processing player behaviour.

Then, I opened my inventory and there was few new things, with most notable ones being:
  • plate helmet,
  • steel (or was it iron?) breastplate - in quantity of ~5 (!),
  • wooden chest (!!!).

I could easily wore the helmet and breastplate(s), but after putting off my helmet, yet another bug appeared:
  • Error appending node: _SKIN

So that's all. At first I was little furious about that, but then I realized game's still in early access, so it's nothing to be angry about, as long as the final product (Exanima) won't have this issue.

Faelivrin

Insider
Just my guess, but it sounds like a combination of a couple of know bugs, i have a couple of questions. Did you get the lvl 1 strong box? and did you reached lvl 2 or further before coming back to the landing room?

Maybe you know it, but it worth mentioning you don't need to return to the first room when you want to exit as the game saves your progress wherever you are.

Mati9319

Supporter
Just my guess, but it sounds like a combination of a couple of know bugs
Maybe, but out of three error messages I only managed to find Error appending node: _SKIN in the forum.

Did you get the lvl 1 strong box? and did you reached lvl 2 or further before coming back to the landing room?
Answer to both questions: no. I don't even know what strong box is. :p

Maybe you know it, but it worth mentioning you don't need to return to the first room when you want to exit as the game saves your progress wherever you are.
Yes, I know. It was just a random idea.

Oh and thanks for the feedback!

Murf

Sorry for a such unprecise thread name, but my problem is indeed a combination of three (or maybe even four) bugs.

To begin with, on yesterday's evening I've been doing quite well in this game... at least when it comes to gathering equipment. I managed to collect whole bunch of pretty good gear. When I had enough, I have returned to the very first starting room and exit the game. Then, I run it once again, loaded my save and everything was in order.

But today, when my game loaded, everything I saw was a black screen with just health/mana bars in the bottom. The funny thing: my health bar was completely obliterated by permanent damage... which went far past it to the left edge of my screen. :D Was my character cut into pieces or what?

That sounds like what happens when you use a saved game from an earlier version than the one you are playing.

I have had the issue with the negative health bar, but that was from falldamge when I was testing climbing over walls and just stacking objects in general. The armour and chest glitch, I've not seen yet except for in the strongbox and as for the skin error, that my be due to the fact that your armour model isn't projecting, but the texture is on-top your skin. I've never actually gotten the _SKIN error before, but somtimes textures, armour models and other things don't load properly.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.