Exanima Beta Released - NDA Lifted

With this type of gameplay I regret that this game doesn't have the third person camera. The game could be much more pleasurable with this camera(
(Sorry for my bad English)
There are plenty of complaints about the camera and controls. The simple truth is that these controls have been tested, scrutinized, and improved over the last year. IMO they offer an unprecedented level of control and precision for a combat game. However they take time to learn. Try not to fuss with your camera, it will make you better in the long run if you can fight from any angle.

With this type of gameplay I regret that this game doesn't have the third person camera. The game could be much more pleasurable with this camera(
(Sorry for my bad English)
I agree 100%. I heavily enjoy the game as it is, (and I'm not being ignorant) however I feel like these gameplay mechanics would be amazing if the camera was up close and personal with the character (Like a standard 3rd person camera). I understand completely that the Devs have a strict vision for this game, and they want to keep the game as it is for many reasons, and I am Ok with that. However the unique gameplay mechanics and physically based animation present in this game are so cool, and as a swordfighting lover, I feel that it is a tad wasted since they are used exclusively for this style of game. In my opinion Swordfighting has never been done as well in a game as it has in this game. It has the best swordfighting gameplay Ive experienced in a game, yet it would be amazing if there was a 3rd person swordfighting "simulator" game with these mechanics (If that makes sense?). Again I don't mean to be ignorant, I know how this particular game functions, but It would be neat if the sword combat mechanics present in this game were used elsewhere as well.

Murf

I don't think the combat mechanics can or would work as they do now if it was in a true 3rd person view. Madoc has said as much I think. Can't find the post right now.

I agree 100%. I heavily enjoy the game as it is, (and I'm not being ignorant) however I feel like these gameplay mechanics would be amazing if the camera was up close and personal with the character (Like a standard 3rd person camera). I understand completely that the Devs have a strict vision for this game, and they want to keep the game as it is for many reasons, and I am Ok with that. However the unique gameplay mechanics and physically based animation present in this game are so cool, and as a swordfighting lover, I feel that it is a tad wasted since they are used exclusively for this style of game. In my opinion Swordfighting has never been done as well in a game as it has in this game. It has the best swordfighting gameplay Ive experienced in a game, yet it would be amazing if there was a 3rd person swordfighting "simulator" game with these mechanics (If that makes sense?). Again I don't mean to be ignorant, I know how this particular game functions, but It would be neat if the sword combat mechanics present in this game were used elsewhere as well.
And that is why it isn't used, because a controller and 3rd person camera cannot work properly. It does not allow for the accurate and combined system that is used right now. That is why many and almost all 3rd person games have some sort of target lock or aim assist. The system in place now removes the need for assisting features and allows much more be viable.

I understand many people have become use to 3rd person cameras and their control scheme, but not 1 of you have presented why it is better other than your preference. We have explained why it can't work properly, and the devs will not make their game a simple 3rd person adventure simply to please a crowd that cannot appreciate or respect a tested and found to be better control scheme. Pls put more thought into why this has been chosen rather than just trying to push the same discarded idea forward simply because "it is easier for u to play like that". The system isn't difficult, its just different.

And that is why it isn't used, because a controller and 3rd person camera cannot work properly. It does not allow for the accurate and combined system that is used right now. That is why many and almost all 3rd person games have some sort of target lock or aim assist. The system in place now removes the need for assisting features and allows much more be viable.

I understand many people have become use to 3rd person cameras and their control scheme, but not 1 of you have presented why it is better other than your preference. We have explained why it can't work properly, and the devs will not make their game a simple 3rd person adventure simply to please a crowd that cannot appreciate or respect a tested and found to be better control scheme. Pls put more thought into why this has been chosen rather than just trying to push the same discarded idea forward simply because "it is easier for u to play like that". The system isn't difficult, its just different.
Oh I understand completely. This system is different, however it isn't difficult, and I know how to use it. I said absolutely nothing about the control scheme, at all. I never mentioned a controller, or targeting mechanics, or anything. Read thoroughly before disregarding my post as some other complainer. Yes, many third person games have similar control schemes, but you confused what I said. Its obvious that a standard third person control scheme will not work with this design, which is why I never mentioned or suggested it.

My main point is, It would be neat if ANOTHER game, used this technology and game mechanics. It would be great if the camera in ANOTHER game, would be closer and more connected with the character, while still retaining similar mechanics that are currently used in THIS game. The physics and animation systems in THIS game allow for incredibly satisfying and fun fights, but all of the technology used seems wasted since it is used exclusively for THIS game. Dont get me wrong...I love this game, however I also love sword combat, and would love to see this level of quality used in other games.

Understand?

Oh I understand completely. This system is different, however it isn't difficult, and I know how to use it. I said absolutely nothing about the control scheme, at all. I never mentioned a controller, or targeting mechanics, or anything. Read thoroughly before disregarding my post as some other complainer. Yes, many third person games have similar control schemes, but you confused what I said. Its obvious that a standard third person control scheme will not work with this design, which is why I never mentioned or suggested it.

My main point is, It would be neat if ANOTHER game, used this technology and game mechanics. It would be great if the camera in ANOTHER game, would be closer and more connected with the character, while still retaining similar mechanics that are currently used in THIS game. The physics and animation systems in THIS game allow for incredibly satisfying and fun fights, but all of the technology used seems wasted since it is used exclusively for THIS game. Dont get me wrong...I love this game, however I also love sword combat, and would love to see this level of quality used in other games.

Understand?
Oh I see, Then you are posting in the wrong forums, pls post in the "Off-Topic" Thread so people will not misinterpret you. And I did not disregard your post,I read it thoroughly, and it still smells of the same thing, controller and/or 3rd person camera. I believe this game has a description of its genre as isometric, you do not go to COD forums and say how their game system is sub-par because it doesnt have 3rd person view. Its like walking into someones house and going, "Thats a beautiful family picture you got there, but it would look better without the ugly kids"

Nomad

It's so awesome to have a game coming like this. Something different but in the right direction. Hope everything goes well.

Absulotely agree with you. I hope other devs will learn from Bare Mettle! This is to date the best weapons fighting game out there.
Seriously. I would throw so much money for like, many different expansions of Sui Generis, like sub games that possibly delve into different ancient cultures. Like an Exanima with Aztecs or Egyptians.

NachoDawg

I was simply defending what marchellonastroenie said earlier. People had misinterpreted what he had said. Anyway, sorry to pollute this forum with my posts.
I think your post is all right and related to the forum. The devs will sell licenses to their engine and allow modding when it's done. If every game and mod that come out of this license was exactly like Exanima/Sui Generis then it would have been pointless to sell the licenses to begin with.

There's going to be lots of different approaches on how to use the engine and its mechanics. Thinking we're not going to see different camera usages in mods or other games, or refuse to discuss the enginein itself in this forum in ways that doesn't directly touch on Exanima or Sui Generis is absolutely ridiculous.

I say: keep it up =)

bonich86

[Цитата = "Zoring, должность: 24607, член: 3891"]. Высокий, ребята, я надеюсь, что ваш очень горжусь, этот продукт обещает быть реальным освежающий изменения от всех мусора захламление пар [/ цитата]
пусть близзард entertainment учатся тому что растеряли

bonich86

Я надеюсь, что проекты будут разработаны в будущем мы увидим стандарт для создания действительно хорошая игра и конвейер не будет Орде Примеры проектов действительно интерестный сегодня interestnyh несколько игр в этом жанре, мы ценим вклад людей, которые создают игру с уважением к вашей вентилятора

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.