ExAnima cheat - Godmode

Not the devil, but like a dealer saying the drugs are out there I just provide if for those that need it. Now do you think what drug dealers do is bad? It's like being the drug dealer of the gaming world.
Actually it harms the intended method of playing, so it destroys the intended experience. It is exactly like being a virtual drug dealer.
What if I have already passed all the available part of the game, and now just want to have fun? My decision.
At first, I'm not posting HERE anything, just write my mind.
Secondly, not me - someone other. Antifun, as example.
Third, because I can.
Each playing the way he wants. Example - loverslab's mods for skyrim. I do not approve them, but if someone wants something like that is not meant to be - it's his decision.
If someone have curve hands, he'll use trainer. If have normal - will not use. Right?
Addict have problems, that he cant solve - he'll use drugs. Normal man will not use drugs with no reason.
Cheats existed, exist and will exist as long as someone will need them. Or just want to have fun.
So it's a player decision, cheat or not.

konggary

I think cheating is fine, as long as it's not used to cheese achievements or ruin multiplayer. My favorite way to end a Bethesda game is to mod and cheat the shit out of it. Being omnipotent after hundreds of hours being just mediocre, that's great fun.

burgzaza

Insider
@sugget I agree that a dev can't expect all the ways their game will be played.
I see no real issue with offline cheats. The main concern is that today it's players critics that rule at if the game is worth it or not ( look at steam reviews, I barely even bother to investigate if the game would worth it or not when the critics are "variable"... it saves some time, but it's mostly not well argumented critics ), and that they don't have the professionalism of independant game review magazines, therefore it's important to provide to the players the game as intended by the devs.
playing godmode, noclip and etc, can seriously lower the overall feeling a player can enjoy a game. I for example don't use them anymore because I know that I will enjoy for some time and then see "behind the scenes", and that it will break the immersion.

But it's a pretty weak argument, because nobody forces you to use them, you may enjoy it a lot more than I do, and as I get older I have less concerns about immersion, I have seen countless times the borders of the maps of many games, I know there isn't anything behind that moutain, I know more how code works etc... again I might not be the only one in this case.
I don't say I'm not immersed in Exanima, I really am. knowing it's just all 1 and 0's.

Finally, good cheats are possible. "Zombies mode" is always fun in other games, I know, it wouldn't make any difference in Exanima ( for now :p ), so "Sir mode", like Parco did, flying..., godmode... I don't know I just assume, I'm really not a cheatcode user.
Finally², mods ! Where would you draw the line between mods and cheatcodes ?

As long as people don't ask for BM to create them, like some company do, I'm fine with cheatcodes made by a player. In the other case, It's sounds more like a last minute add, any other "ingame" element have priority.

edit : after I read some more replies I realize all my points had been made x)

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.