ExAnima cheat - Godmode

@Faelivrin pls do not post things like this here, it is very rude towards the devs, if someone has created a cheat and you decide to mention it pls do not post a link to the cheat on the forums of the creators, its like saying oh I didn't crack the game but here is a link to a cracked version if you guys want. God-mode kills part of the essence of the game and as someone who loves the game you shouldn't be helpful with things that destroys part of the devs vision and work.

Options are not always good. If I say choose how you die, by jumping off a building or by poison, you have options but it doesn't make them good, the manner of the options is what makes the difference not just the choice of having options. Pls do not post things that can negatively affect the enjoyment of the game. I would never use cheats, but a weaker willed person would even if it is just to make it easier for themselves. Give a man his first cigarette and he develops the habit of smoking.

Parco

i see nothing wrong with it, its basically up the each person themselves if they want to ruin the intended experience, many might wanna play around just dominating everything just for the lolz or to train risky techniques more efficiently. i have myself on multiple occasions used different cheats in the game, are you by any chance calling me weak willed? ;) :p
just because you dont like using cheats doesnt mean others shouldnt use cheats, its a single player game and what they do doesnt affect anyone else but them.
also if the devs doesnt want to allow others to change the intended experience then im sure they wouldnt have considered implemented modding support.

Faelivrin

Insider
They seem to have nothing against the unofficial save tool so i don't see why this is different. The crack comparative is just not fair. If i buy a game (specially a DRM free game) i expect to be able to mess the content as much as i can, it is so different from stealing in so many ways.

I also disagree in it being a game breaker or destroying anybody work. This is a mod, a tool. I can think of many "legit" uses for it, like recording a machinima without have to try something over and over, have you seen the 1vs10 video?. I can see it used as a cheat too, but still that's legit to me. Who i am to tell someone how to play or not to play a game?

God-mode doesn't kills part of the essence of the game, skyrim have an OFFICIAL command to enable a god-mode via console, among many other cheats. Most of the users wont know it is there, and some who does wont use it because lets get real, whoever who search about it knows perfectly it is not the intended way to play. I expect this game have a console with debug settings at some point too. Meanwhile i will welcome any tool, mod or cheat like this one.

If the devs consider that this a bad thing, they just have to let me know and i will delete the link and will never post any other unofficial tool.

Some people may just want to play the game differently, there's nothing wrong with that per se and they shouldn't be criticised for it.

Last edited:

tiny lampe

Insider
They seem to have nothing against the unofficial save tool so i don't see why this is different.

If the devs consider that this a bad thing, they just have to let me know and i will delete the link and will never post any other unofficial tool.
I'm not sure if the post by Madoc you quoted is representative of his stance on cheating. In that post Madoc mentioned that some people may want different things out of a game (immersion, challenge, non-stressful entertainment) and that they should not be criticized because of that.

Now, the fact that Madoc understands and respects that some people may want more checkpoints or an on-demand saving system, does not necessarily mean that he condons the use of a tool that tampers with the game and its intended mechanics.

Here is a post by Madoc where he specifically addresses cheating and what he thinks about it:

Well, if you do want to know our position on this, it's that cheating seriously, seriously sucks. Unless the game really has nothing more to offer, cheating will invariably completely and utterly ruin it. If a game is any good then there's very good reasons for things being the way they are. Cheating will just make the game meaningless and after your initial fun with cheating you'll quickly realise you don't enjoy the game, and you won't enjoy it even if you stop cheating. There's no going back, that's it, you've killed it. There really is no middle ground, you're either playing by the game's rules and allowing to create an experience for you or you're just mucking about with a piece of software. Forget ever achieving suspension of disbelief, forget being immersed, forget gameplay and ever having a challenge to overcome.
Source

-Tim-

Insider
I'm not sure if the post by Madoc you quoted is representative of his stance on cheating. In that post Madoc mentioned that some people may want different things out of a game (immersion, challenge, non-stressful entertainment) and that they should not be criticized because of that.

Now, the fact that Madoc understands and respects that some people may want more checkpoints or an on-demand saving system, does not necessarily mean that he condons the use of a tool that tampers with the game and its intended mechanics.

Here is a post by Madoc where he specifically addresses cheating and what he thinks about it:

Source
My goodness what a gorgeous quote, Madoc put that really well.

Faelivrin

Insider
Here is a post by Madoc where he specifically addresses cheating and what he thinks about it
Thanks for bringing it Tin. Yeah he made a valid point, and i completely understand his concern about people not playing the game as they designed it. If i were dev of this game i would say the same, because something like this kills the experience if you haven't completed it. If someone that never played this game is interested in using this tool, i would recommend him against it.

However i don't agree with him when he says that it always kill the player experience, with no middle ground unless he meant using the cheats to advance in the game. I have seem him using "cheats" (dev tools), namely this one that prevents you from dying, and another one to spawn healing salves. He was not playing the game, he was... i dont like the word mucking, so i will say testing. And i would say he was having fun while testing, that's partially the reason he was streaming i think. As an alpha/beta tester i mess with the game limits a lot too in order to find bugs.... or simply to have fun, some of you might have noticed i can be really silly. Although anything of that impede me to immerse in the game when i do a serious round. I think i am not the only one...

Again, i wouldn't recommend using the god-mode as a way to advance in the game. I have nothing against that, but i dont recommend it. However, in my opinion cheats are a perfectly valid as a possible feature to accomplish something not related with the games objectives: testing bugs, doing machinima, or making it affect NPC's too so you can train in a different way, are perfectly valid uses and don't break the intended experience. In my opinion.

Parco

well, if you cheat to achieve something you couldnt before then i agree it becomes meaningless/unsatisfactory (at least in my experience) and if you achieved it later on without cheats it might feel less rewarding because you changed the first time experience, this is ofc situational depending on the game and the person playing. but if you cheat after having completed the game then its a different matter in my eyes, games doesnt become less enjoyable for me even after being done with having some fun with cheats. jedi outcast 2 and cursed treasure (tower defense game) for example is 2 games i have completed fully without cheats and have cheated in afterwards, those game i could go back to and play without cheats and enjoy it as much as before, still going back to cursed treasure from time to time when i want to kill some time. the same with exanima, ive cheated in it but still enjoy the vanilla experience as much as i did before.

Suggett66

Insider
@Faelivrin pls do not post things like this here, it is very rude towards the devs, if someone has created a cheat and you decide to mention it pls do not post a link to the cheat on the forums of the creators, its like saying oh I didn't crack the game but here is a link to a cracked version if you guys want. God-mode kills part of the essence of the game and as someone who loves the game you shouldn't be helpful with things that destroys part of the devs vision and work.

Options are not always good. If I say choose how you die, by jumping off a building or by poison, you have options but it doesn't make them good, the manner of the options is what makes the difference not just the choice of having options. Pls do not post things that can negatively affect the enjoyment of the game. I would never use cheats, but a weaker willed person would even if it is just to make it easier for themselves. Give a man his first cigarette and he develops the habit of smoking.
She posted a link to a cheat telling us and the devs of it's existence. She is not advocating it's use in anyway or saying you have to use it at all and as this is not a multi-player game cheats are not a bad thing. There used to be bloody cheat books for consoles like ps1 and the original xbox as i have one of them, no idea if they still make them. If it's not multi-player, cheats do not matter as they don't affect anyone except your game experience.

EDIT: Obviously once multi-player is implemented, then it becomes a big deal if people use it in mulit-player mode.

Faelivrin

Insider
Maybe the deal here is the word options in my OP post. As you see i don't think it a good option for starters.... nobody does i would say. I said that as a joke, if someone read steam forums sometimes will find that it is a recurrent word.

It certainly is an option for new people, not the best, but still an option. However i think the ones who could take best advantage of that are testers, i had those in mind when i shared the link. I thought about posting it in the insider forum, but that resource is in the internet anyways, so i see no reason why it should be hidden.

Murf

I understand your point, but if ya get errors while using a tool that doesn't allow health to be lost, then the bug you find would have to be created without the tool as well for it to be a actionable right? If it only occurs when using a 'hack' then it is not a 'bug' per se, but the result of using a non dev-created tool.

(Just bored at work is all, no sides being taken, just adding points I thought of.)

Maybe the deal here is the word options in my OP post. As you see i don't think it a good option for starters.... nobody does i would say. I said that as a joke, if someone read steam forums sometimes will find that it is a recurrent word.

It certainly is an option for new people, not the best, but still an option. However i think the ones who could take best advantage of that are testers, i had those in mind when i shared the link. I thought about posting it in the insider forum, but that resource is in the internet anyways, so i see no reason why it should be hidden.
I am not against you using cheats, I am against you sharing cheats, especially on the public forum if you really intended it for testers. And aside from that, if you needed to bring it to the devs attention, all it would take is a personal message to any of them, they are a small team.

The fact is it may have been a harmless act by you but it was also thoughtless. Madoc said it right, if you know the cheat is there and you try just once, it is difficult to go back (like cigarettes<-im a smoker i know) and you ruin the experience for yourself. I understand a dev building his baby,knowing the intimate ins-and-outs of the system using god-mode and should not be compared.

I am not starting a war, I was just mentioning it was not a good move. You could also have mentioned that its on the web not post a direct link.o_O

Thanks. But.
Cheats always exists, because some people have some needs.
I just give them what they need, no more.
Don't make me the devil.

Not the devil, but like a dealer saying the drugs are out there I just provide if for those that need it. Now do you think what drug dealers do is bad? It's like being the drug dealer of the gaming world.

Edit.:why u necro thread? Was wondering when the hell I posted that.

Suggett66

Insider
Not the devil, but like a dealer saying the drugs are out there I just provide if for those that need it. Now do you think what drug dealers do is bad? It's like being the drug dealer of the gaming world.

Edit.:why u necro thread? Was wondering when the hell I posted that.
But it's not like being a drug dealer at all, because cheats in a single player game are not a bad thing and do not harm anyone, so your metaphor doesn't really hold up.

Actually it harms the intended method of playing, so it destroys the intended experience. It is exactly like being a virtual drug dealer.

Suggett66

Insider
Actually it harms the intended method of playing, so it destroys the intended experience. It is exactly like being a virtual drug dealer.
no, it really isn't, if someone is having fun by changing how the game is played then who cares? If it bothers you that other people are having a good time because they're playing the game a bit differently than you, then you have need to do so major re-thinking.

also this is like saying the intended method of playing is to fight/sneak your way through the dungeon and collect armour/weapons as you go. But instead I run at a wall for 3 hours then quit the game. would that bother you because i'm not playing in the intended way?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.