Exanima gaining traction!

Faelivrin

Insider
There is a thing I don't like too much a about that article. It says "Exanima has been developed to serve as a second source of funding [...]. Those who supported the project didn't take it very well [...]" I mean, to me Exanima felt like something that was necessary, it didn't bother me at all. Isn't the article generalising a little bit? Or am I the only one who thinks that way?
I *think* i remember reading some negative comments in KS or in somewhere else.. but yeah, that's definitively generalizing. There are some inaccurate parts too, like saying the devs promised finish it between 6-9 months. But all in all i think the game description is nice and the critics are fair.

Faelivrin

Insider
Well, Madoc did give an estimate of 6-9 months to finish Exanima. He didn't promise it would be done by then but simply said that is their goal.
Yes that what i mean. You can read it in the store page, it is not a promise but an estimation... and really rough:

“Around six to nine months, give or take three months! Honestly, we can't provide an exact timeframe as there are many factors involved, some of which are beyond our control. These include feedback from a wider community and, ultimately, Exanima's success which will determine our budget going forward.”
Take 9 months, give it 3 more and magic! you got 12 months hahaha i think devs learned the lesson about promising timeframes.

The girl who wrote the article also made a review for the game, that's where i found the article. When I did also pointed her out this details over there.

There is a thing I don't like too much a about that article. It says "Exanima has been developed to serve as a second source of funding [...]. Those who supported the project didn't take it very well [...]"
We didn't?

I haven't noticed any existing backers complaining that this project finally has something to show for all the work that's gone into it. The majority of dissent I've seen so far has been from people who weren't involved in the first place and just seemed to pop in to pass judgement. Has there been a load of complaints that simply went straight over my head?

Don Kanaille

Insider
I was wondering that, too. Why would a backer complain anyways? We will eventually get the stuff we pledged for and on top of that another game for free while we wait for Sui Generis. If it would cost us extra or only be avaible for high tier pledgers I could understand, but like this? And it´s not like Exanima´s development delays Sui Generis, given that all the features and systems will make it into the main game, now probably even much more polished as they are tested by a larger user base.

Bare Mettle has been pretty fair so far. So why would we be upset? *scratch head*

Poza1010

Insider
I was wondering that, too. Why would a backer complain anyways? We will eventually get the stuff we pledged for and on top of that another game for free while we wait for Sui Generis. If it would cost us extra or only be avaible for high tier pledgers I could understand, but like this? And it´s not like Exanima´s development delays Sui Generis, given that all the features and systems will make it into the main game, now probably even much more polished as they are tested by a larger user base.

Bare Mettle has been pretty fair so far. So why would we be upset? *scratch head*
My thoughts exactly.

Murf

Glad to see some big names showcasing the game. I am only one man. An unknown one at that.

Heh :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.